ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No pay increase new starters

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Sndnkelemfn

No pay increase new starters

Post by Sndnkelemfn »

I’m coming up to 6 months in the job as a postie. I’ve been told by a manager that no one gets the pay increase that was adverted in the job description at the 6 and 12 month points.

I appreciate it states “subject to satisfactory performance”… but surely not having a day off and doing as told by manager is enough, no?

Is this right? I feel the job has been misadvertised.

See attached.
3511C9AA-BD8A-4449-948E-C22E02714967.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sndnkelemfn on 02 Dec 2021, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: No pay increase new starters

Post by fb1969 »

I've never heard of anyone not getting it. It should be on the 6/12 month anniversary, so one week you'll be paid a different amount for some days than others.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
goneaway

Post by goneaway »

My 6 month and 12 month increments to pay after starting happened automatically. This was about 5 years back.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Your manager is talking crap, everyone gets it.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

POSTMAN wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 21:31
Your manager is talking crap, everyone gets it.
Plus a decision has to be made to make you fully permanent or tell you've not reached the standards required (which hardly ever happens).
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I think the only time you don't get it is if you are on a stage because of sickness, but it only delays it till the stage is cleared.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Sndnkelemfn

Post by Sndnkelemfn »

Find out in a month or so time.

Suggestions if it doesn’t increase?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sndnkelemfn wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 21:23
Find out in a month or so time.

Suggestions if it doesn’t increase?
contact HR it should be automatic.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."