ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Jackall1n

Royal Mail

Post by Jackall1n »

Hi all I have an interview for the Penicuik post office in Midlothian. I could only find two reviews about it one from this year and one from a few years ago however both have the same negative feelings towards management, I just wanted to see if there is any current or former workers who were/are based here and what their thoughts are about this particular office

I also posted back in December and was told that I dodged a bullet. I just wanted to see if people still have the same feelings towards Royal Mail as a whole have changed or if they’ve got better. Thanks
Last edited by Jackall1n on 26 Jun 2022, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk 'N' Chance

Re: Application

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Jackall1n wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 08:00
I applied for post person with driving a few weeks ago and the job description is now off the Royal Mail site. The interview dates were set for the 29th and 30th of November obviously they have past but my application still says ‘testing complete’ reading some of the post on here it seems that it’s a regular occurrence, can I assume that my application won’t be taken any further. Thanks
Having applied and been in this same situation 6 out of 7 times, yes unfortunately you did not score high enough to make it to the interview stage. Is very annoying and this complete apathy towards candidates must put a lot of people off. Timely feedback to candidates is a major weakness of the RM recruitment team who are apparently overworked and struggling?

Even when you do score highly enough to get offered an interview, the interview itself is also scored and you have to be the highest scorer to be offered the job.

Personally i feel the system is a bit flawed as there is nill feedback post interview and being put onto the 3 month waiting list is just a polite way to say sorry we are not hiring you.

Do your research on here and if you still want the job definately try applying again and again and again..
CillitBang
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CillitBang »

Jackall1n wrote:
I applied for post person with driving a few weeks ago and the job description is now off the Royal Mail site. The interview dates were set for the 29th and 30th of November obviously they have past but my application still says ‘testing complete’ reading some of the post on here it seems that it’s a regular occurrence, can I assume that my application won’t be taken any further. Thanks
To be honest you dodged a bullet. I hope your job search goes well and you find something soon, any job will be better than Royal Mail in the current state, so don't be too disheartened, plenty jobs out there now!
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

CillitBang wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 13:27
Jackall1n wrote:
To be honest you dodged a bullet. I hope your job search goes well and you find something soon, any job will be better than Royal Mail in the current state, so don't be too disheartened, plenty jobs out there now!
Not sure where all these jobs are! I applied for over 100 jobs in the last year and only got three interviews out of it. Most of the time companies dont even acknowledge your application. After months of unemployment im very pleased to be at RM even if only on a short term agency contract. Beats veg picking and telephone book delivering both at below minimum wage. Been working 6 days a week for a month and would do 7 days a week if it was available.
Jackall1n

Post by Jackall1n »

Thanks everyone for replies. By the looks of all the topics most people seem to say the same I think I will avoid Royal Mail just now
CillitBang
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CillitBang »

Norfolk 'N' Chance wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 18:26
CillitBang wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 13:27
Jackall1n wrote:
Not sure where all these jobs are! I applied for over 100 jobs in the last year and only got three interviews out of it. Most of the time companies dont even acknowledge your application. After months of unemployment im very pleased to be at RM even if only on a short term agency contract. Beats veg picking and telephone book delivering both at below minimum wage. Been working 6 days a week for a month and would do 7 days a week if it was available.
Sorry, didn't mean to make light of anyone's situation. Just meant there are more jobs than mid pandemic / last year. Congrats on landing the job at Royal Mail, hopefully you'll get made permanent at the end of your contract. Although it's not what it once was it's still a decent paying job and I hope that the current mess gets sorted out soon with revisions etc! I'm awaiting a final offer for a new job atm (got background checks etc to do) and looking forward to moving on :)