ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I got it wrong

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Db2012

I got it wrong

Post by Db2012 »

Well not that I’m losing any sleep but had a member of the public kind of have a go at me the other day because I had delivered the Mail to the wrong house a couple of times and people in the street are complaining and he told me that I would be getting spoken to from a manager. Well considering I’ve only been in the job about 2 weeks what do the people expect. I’m bound to make mistakes and be slow. No managers have spoken to me about it and was told I’m doing well for someone who has never been in this type of work before. Some people just want to upset people and basically said because I couldn’t speak the language that’s why I’m making the mistakes (Welsh)

ViperF

Re: I got it wrong

Post by ViperF »

Don’t worry about it. Your new. Tell the people
On the street complaining to get a life.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If the manager does mention it to you then mention the racist comment to put it into perspective.

However, totally ignore him yes you are new but even the old sweats make mistakes, it's human nature. Shrug it off, note him in your "Arsey" list and carry on.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Adison

Post by Adison »

I’m first language welsh, and we have soooo many variations of the same house names 😂 I’m baffled sometimes myself, I’m baffled by the English ones too mind…

You’re new to this as am I, it takes time.
I had somebody chase me up the street today to say they had two letters not belonging to them… she went out of her way to tell me this, she’d walked by the house next door (which they belonged too), I’ve had this happen, neighbours from a street away have had mine and vice versa. Never gave it any thought, just shoved their post through! Honestly, some people just have very little else to do.

Keep going.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

I'm guessing you're part time so I'm guessing your walk is prepped for you which could bring up a few possible problems, one being the full timers are prepping too fast and making mistakes.

If you're prepping you need to take a bit of extra care.

Either way, try to double read when you are at the door for missorts.

We've all been there, I have even miss posted to my own house! :d'oh!
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

POSTMAN wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 15:59
I'm guessing you're part time so I'm guessing your walk is prepped for you which could bring up a few possible problems, one being the full timers are prepping too fast and making mistakes.
Did you mean "don;t give a s**t"
Why not phone up Robin Hood