ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Offerd a position, but can't start on day requested

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Baloo

Offerd a position, but can't start on day requested

Post by Baloo »

I've been offered a role to start, however just found out I am going to be made redundant with quite a substantial package. I have spoken to the recruiter to ask for a delay in start date but fear they are now going to withdraw the offer. Will this affect reapplying? Stuck between a rock and a hard place..

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Offerd a position, but can't start on day requested

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

its not something anyone on here could answer with any authority, either way, it's a gamble and a personal decision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TopperGas

Re: Offerd a position, but can't start on day requested

Post by TopperGas »

How long is delay likely to be as with Christmas looming you sense the DO will want somebody to start this month/early December not wait until the new year when it'll be quieter.