ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Recruitment Just Got Easier - Manpower Agency?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Recruitment Just Got Easier - Manpower Agency?

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Does anyone know if Manpower just do temporary Xmas recruitment for DO delivery roles or if the spate of recent Manpower 12 week contract assignments are in any way linked to the "Recruitment Just Got Easier" communication?

Interested, as despite being on the 3month waiting list post interview, I've decided to accept an agency role with Manpower so that I can gain some more insight.

ssdd

Re: Recruitment Just Got Easier - Manpower Agency?

Post by ssdd »

I don't think the two are linked, as Manpower tends to be temporary recruitment for the Christmas period. But once you've got your foot in the door - and assuming you do a good job and there's a vacancy - it could lead to a contract. Best of luck.
Foxel

Post by Foxel »

I started with Manpower after Christmas last year. The advert was still looking for Christmas staff :roll:

It stated it was for 7 weeks I believe but it just kept rolling on until September when all agency was cut for a few weeks. In that time we had around 20 members of staff from Manpower.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Foxel wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 18:29
I started with Manpower after Christmas last year. The advert was still looking for Christmas staff :roll:

It stated it was for 7 weeks I believe but it just kept rolling on until September when all agency was cut for a few weeks. In that time we had around 20 members of staff from Manpower.
Well thats interesting! thanks for sharing this info.
Jan135

Post by Jan135 »

Foxel wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 18:29

I had a similar situation except it lasted for over a year. I decided that I should get something less exhausting and more focused on doing one thing, but doing it well. So I applied for transport manager job.