ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vetting - timescales & advice/resignation

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Adison

Vetting - timescales & advice/resignation

Post by Adison »

Hello everyone,

I was offered a postperson with driving role, which I happily accepted. As soon as I could I filled out the previous address history/employment history form. Since this 10 days ago) I’ve heard nothing back from HR with regards to the checks or any further information to fill out.

I’m quite anxious about handing in a resignation at my current job until everything is cleared and I explained to my on boarder that I would need formal confirmation offer of the job offer before I could hand in my notice. To me this is quite normal?

I called the recruitment number today just to enquire and spoke to somebody who could not tell me the status of my checks but believed i should’ve handed in my notice on the back of the conditional offer, so that I could start on the “agreed date”. When I was called initially the lady said they were happy to move the date based on checks/timeframe etc.

I’m honestly not trying to be awkward and I’d like to get started ASAP and the reason I called today was in the hope that I could move forward/hand in my notice at my current job. But I have read so many threads on here where people have had many delays etc with checks and Information I did not want to cut my nose off!

Anybody else in the same boat or have any advice? The lady in recruitment I spoke to this morning said that they do not contact applicants to let them know the outcome of there checks… and to just expect the contract the Friday before the start date 🤷‍♀️. Of course this information is very different to what I’ve read on here! Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Vetting - timescales & advice/resignation

Post by POSTMAN »

spoke to somebody who could not tell me the status of my checks but believed i should’ve handed in my notice on the back of the conditional offer
That is soooo bad and sooo wrong, we have had instances of job offers being cancelled!!

Hang tight till EVERYTHING is done, you should of as well told them in your interview what notice you have to give your employer anyway, that is standard is it not?
and to just expect the contract the Friday before the start date
The heck, what the heck!! Again soo wrong.
Can you post the number on here, I want to ring them as this is bollox, all of what you have posted.
Who did you ring?

PM me please.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Adison

Post by Adison »

POSTMAN wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:34
spoke to somebody who could not tell me the status of my checks but believed i should’ve handed in my notice on the back of the conditional offer
That is soooo bad and sooo wrong, we have had instances of job offers being cancelled!!

Hang tight till EVERYTHING is done, you should of as well told them in your interview what notice you have to give your employer anyway, that is standard is it not?
and to just expect the contract the Friday before the start date
The heck, what the heck!! Again soo wrong.
Can you post the number on here, I want to ring them as this is bollox, all of what you have posted.
Who did you ring?

PM me please.
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me, I’d started to doubt myself that this was not the norm but I’ve always really had my checks back in a matter of days elsewhere as well.. she seemed concerned that I will now not be starting on the proposed date, and yes we discussed at interview that I would have a 4 week notice to give my current employer.

I totally agree with you, I’ve seen people post on here how they waited weeks/months before getting started as well as you say offers being withdrawn. I will of course keep on hanging on!
stenug2009

Post by stenug2009 »

just wanted to say my husband is in exactly the same position. Was offered the job on 5th Oct, we sent back all the further details that day and have heard nothing since. Is supposed to be starting next Monday. We contacted the recruitment contact and he said it was still 'in progress' and we should hear this week.

Tuesday today and still nothing. This is so frustrating and to be honest, disrespectful. Hubby is currently working and cannot afford to hand in his notice until RM confirms. He is supposed to give a weeks notice, so is now in the position where we realise we might only be given 24 hours notice to start. So he will have to either just not show up to work again or call in sick.

I understand they are dealing with mass recruitment here but how can they just leave people until the day before to give them a formal contract?

sorry, rant over. Hope everyone who is in the same position hears back soon
Adison

Post by Adison »

stenug2009 wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 10:39
just wanted to say my husband is in exactly the same position. Was offered the job on 5th Oct, we sent back all the further details that day and have heard nothing since. Is supposed to be starting next Monday. We contacted the recruitment contact and he said it was still 'in progress' and we should hear this week.

Tuesday today and still nothing. This is so frustrating and to be honest, disrespectful. Hubby is currently working and cannot afford to hand in his notice until RM confirms. He is supposed to give a weeks notice, so is now in the position where we realise we might only be given 24 hours notice to start. So he will have to either just not show up to work again or call in sick.

I understand they are dealing with mass recruitment here but how can they just leave people until the day before to give them a formal contract?

sorry, rant over. Hope everyone who is in the same position hears back soon

Hello,

Oh I’m sorry that he’s in this boat too.. I hope it won’t be too long for him now until you get the green light and he is able to hand in his notice.

I’ve made contact again today to see if any update can be given but same as you “in progress” and no proposed date can be given as to when they’ll be completed.

No worries about ranting, not at all! Everything crossed for you
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

This is my position as well,my start date is 25th Oct and waiting for security checks. My on boarder says everything should be complete by then but I'm not so sure,I given my notice to current employer but I've explained the situation and they've said I can retract it at anytime up to my last day,RM have had weeks to do these checks,so disrespectful not to let you know what's happening
Adison

Post by Adison »

Mac9 wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 18:25
This is my position as well,my start date is 25th Oct and waiting for security checks. My on boarder says everything should be complete by then but I'm not so sure,I given my notice to current employer but I've explained the situation and they've said I can retract it at anytime up to my last day,RM have had weeks to do these checks,so disrespectful not to let you know what's happening

When I spoke with them today as they said they have a backlog and just don’t know where and how far my checks are in the process.. that’s it, nothing more. Finding this a wee bit stressful at this point if I’m honest, I just don’t know where I stand with anything and how much I can realistically take on at my current job.
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

Update: this evening I recieved a formal letter of employment,it explained my hrs etc and also had links to the induction which is done on first day,links to order uniform,pension and information to send back to RM regarding HMRC tax code,it also says to access induction you'll need your payroll number which will be sent shortly,it also says that this offer is dependent on security checks that are carried out to royal mail standard. Also my job application profile has changed from "in progress" to "pre employment checks". So just wait for payroll number etc I guess
Adison

Post by Adison »

Mac9 wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 22:17
Update: this evening I recieved a formal letter of employment,it explained my hrs etc and also had links to the induction which is done on first day,links to order uniform,pension and information to send back to RM regarding HMRC tax code,it also says to access induction you'll need your payroll number which will be sent shortly,it also says that this offer is dependent on security checks that are carried out to royal mail standard. Also my job application profile has changed from "in progress" to "pre employment checks". So just wait for payroll number etc I guess

Oh wow!! Well this is it.. I’m super pleased for you. You can breathe now, must be lovely to formally have it all in hand now - congratulations. Let us know how you get on with everything once you get started.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Mac9 wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 22:17
Whenever i read a post about another person getting the job it brightens my mood a little. Im currently in that twilight zone of the post interview waiting to hear zone....

So congratulations on getting the job and i wish you all the best with it.

Meanwhile ill bechecking everyday and hoping for good news.

Regards Norfolk
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

Another update: recieved email tonight telling me i passed all pre employment security checks and payroll number will be sent shortly
Adison

Post by Adison »

Mac9 wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 22:29
Another update: recieved email tonight telling me i passed all pre employment security checks and payroll number will be sent shortly

Delighted for you! Let us know how you get on when you get started!