ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Security checks

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Mac9

Security checks

Post by Mac9 »

I have a start date of 25th October but they've only just asked me for DVLA code last thursday and I presume starting security checks,so I'm wondering will it all be completed by the 25th october. Anybody else been in this situation?

JJ71

Re: Security checks

Post by JJ71 »

I started on Monday, had an email on Sunday night saying I had passed the pre employment checks. I also had an email a couple of days before saying I had passed stage one and I could start, if I failed stage two I would be removed from the DO.
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

What are stage 1 and stage 2
JJ71

Post by JJ71 »

No idea it was the first time I had heard it during the process. Tried to get some help from my onboarder I'm still waiting for him to reply!!
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

I'd imagine if you've had email saying you've passed pre employment checks your home and dry
Adison

Post by Adison »

Mac9 wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 17:44
I have a start date of 25th October but they've only just asked me for DVLA code last thursday and I presume starting security checks,so I'm wondering will it all be completed by the 25th october. Anybody else been in this situation?

Hey,

I have filled out the initial form that they sent me just short of two weeks ago with 5 year address history etc, haven’t received anything re:DVLA 🙈 my given start date was November 1st but I didn’t want to hand in my notice at my current job encase there was a delay with the checks.. how long did you wait between the initial form and the DVLA code request?
Mac9

Post by Mac9 »

It was about 9 days but that was after I emailed a HR person,then next day I had email requesting DVLA code and any pre booked holidays. My start date is 25th Oct so have to wait and see. I've handed in my notice at current employment but they've said I can retract it if I want to anytime up to the day I leave.
Adison

Post by Adison »

Ahh right okay.. I think It’s best I email my contact for on boarding at this point then! At least you know that you can retract if you need too - there’s no way I’d be in that boat, which is why I’ve held off. So I hope you get news soon and get started this month.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mac9 wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 17:44
From an insider, it shouldn't be a problem unless there is something on the licence that you did not disclose. What they'll probably do is not employ you as a driver immediately till they get the report back, but even thats not a problem because to drive at Royal Mail you first have to do what is called a "changeover" this is just a long driving competency check (not a test).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
scootscoot

Post by scootscoot »

Hi everyone wondering if someone could give me some help, i have a start date for the 4th on Nov and i submitted details for security checks 11 days ago, my portal date has changed 4 times latest being yesterday but still says pre employment checks? Can someone please give me a heads up to why this is? Much appreciated thank you