ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HGV shortage of drivers.

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
cwtodd

HGV shortage of drivers.

Post by cwtodd »

I see the Uk has a shortage of HGV driver, what’s the chances of Royal Mail let normal posties apply for hgv jobs. Putting them through their test and having a written agreement they will stay for a minimum period, say 5 years.
I know some bus companies do this so why not Royal Mail. I would jump at the chance.

NWpostie

Re: HGV shortage of drivers.

Post by NWpostie »

It would depend on how proactive RM is with regard to this, IF they do fund your training and test, in line with business practices you would be expected to for two years minimum otherwise you would have to repay the cost of training and test.

The days of relying on cheap East European drivers is over, they've gone home, they will be unlikely to be coming back and the HGV industry as a whole has been complacent, they failed to keep up, Covid has stopped training and testing.

You could be in with a chance.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

The question is, are Royal Mail short of drivers?
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/go/Drivers/4479501/
The link says not.
HGV search...
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/search/ ... ionsearch=
The link says not again.

Might do better in certain locations, but in London for instance there is none.
Also wasn't there a big, has any peeps got HGV licenses thing a while back?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wizzyboy40

Post by wizzyboy40 »

Great idea have a apprenticeship for Royal Mail HGV and what we doing now ? GRASP the opportunity now and also bid for us to deliver all toiletries and some essentials by out logistics RMSS whilst this fuel and driver shortages crippling this country.
GRASP the opportunity lads.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Mon Aug 02, 2021
:crazy:
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.