ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Applying for a job in different area

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Lloyd42000

Applying for a job in different area

Post by Lloyd42000 »

Hello I am new here, just after a bit of advice, I currently work for the Royal Mail working through an agency, I work every Sunday, I started March 28th and the shifts have been confirmed until the 1st of august. I am currently delivering parcels and delivering Mail. I have been told by the Royal Mail that they more than likely will offer me a contract to work Sundays for them then potentially they will offer me a full time job. I love the job and would love to be working full time, but ideally I would want to relocate to Manchester where my son is, is this something that is possible? Is it best if I mention it straight away if I am offered a contract with the Royal Mail to work Sundays ?
The man in charge of the depot where I currently work has told me he will add me to the union at some point too. I hope this question is ok for me to post on here.
Best regards

Neil_Hutch

Re: Applying for a job in different area

Post by Neil_Hutch »

Once you have been there 6 months and have passed your assessment apply for the area on the internal job site. If visiting pop into the local depots and see the manager too.