ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Giving up 36 hour contract for temp RM

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Trivium

Giving up 36 hour contract for temp RM

Post by Trivium »

Hello guys just looking for some advice, i really want to work for RM and have been offered a temp contract via manpower, and for now ive accepted the offer hoping to be made permanent.

would i be crazy giving up my contracted 36 hour job for this?

WalkerX

Re: Giving up 36 hour contract for temp RM

Post by WalkerX »

As I understand it, you would probably start on 25 hours , so you`d have to build up your hours with overtime. Depends whether you think you will get enough o/t.
Trivium

Post by Trivium »

my biggest concern would be kept on temp for a while then let go and not put on a perm contract
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

What is the 36hr contract job, is this outside Royal Mail? Edit:I guess it is.
Working for Manpower (an agency) can be dodgy, there is no guarantee of hrs and there is no guarantee Royal Mail will take you on their books.
It's a big gamble I think.
Look in the Angard forum, it's quite bad being an agency worker.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Xeonus
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Xeonus »

Absolutely no guarantee of moving from agency into Royal Mail permanent contract at all. I know several Angard colleagues who have been working for more than 5 years straight with no change in their employment.
Angard is a subsidiary of Royal Mail Group which theoretically has a great chance of being offered a permanent contract. Manpower is it's own entity with no relation to Royal Mail Group at all? I could be wrong on that as I have no knowledge of Manpower innerworkings.
Royal Mail OPG at an MC since 2022.