ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can anyone tell me about the online assessment for job application please

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
postiewhite

Can anyone tell me about the online assessment for job application please

Post by postiewhite »

Hi. My girlfriend applied for a postie position and has been sent an assessment to do online within 24hrs.
Now its a few years since I did mine so I cannot remember so I was wondering what she is likely to expect as im aware the assessment is timed and there won't be much room for many mess ups.

I heard there may be two parts to the assessment too so any advise of this would be great.
Thanks

Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Can anyone tell me about the online assessment for job application please

Post by Jahpostie »

You must really hate your girlfriend! Be kinder and just dump her.

I wouldn't recommend the job to my worst enemy. It's also only going to get worse.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Moved to new starters forum who may be of more help than us who used pen and paper back in the day...some had chalk and slate...
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
postiewhite

Post by postiewhite »

Jahpostie wrote:
13 May 2021, 15:36
You must really hate your girlfriend! Be kinder and just dump her.

I wouldn't recommend the job to my worst enemy. It's also only going to get worse.
I know what you mean.... However... for the hours she wants which is less than 30 there isn't anything around unless she wants to work all weekends til late on, minimum wage jobs and jobs that arn't any better than RM.
For what people say about this company there is far worse out there. We have actively been looking for weeks and most jobs are temp, minimum wage and all weekends. Yes I know RM will be potentially a Sunday working day but thats then not now. Even supervisor jobs were less than a tenner an hour.

I suppose unless you have a good trade under your belt or can start up your own business it makes you think that the grass is not always greener especially when Ive been looking for her and seen what is actually on offer out there.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

postiewhite wrote:
13 May 2021, 13:11
Hi. My girlfriend applied for a postie position and has been sent an assessment to do online within 24hrs.
Now its a few years since I did mine so I cannot remember so I was wondering what she is likely to expect as im aware the assessment is timed and there won't be much room for many mess ups.

I heard there may be two parts to the assessment too so any advise of this would be great.
Thanks
The questions are generally fairly easy for somebody who has an understanding of how the RM operates, the assessments includes questions about hazards your GF will face when driving, which hopefully you can assist her with if your a postie who drives a van on your round? Although I passed both parts of the assessment i was still rejected!

As far as working for the RM having worked for on 1 evening shift in an Amazon warehouse I can confirm there are far, far, worse places to work, I sense postie who say there are better places to work don't really know what it's really like working at other similar types of companies.