ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2 questions guys..

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Anderson21

2 questions guys..

Post by Anderson21 »

Hello there, started today, and I've a couple of questions, I over heard someone saying that you don't get the £5ph uplift anymore on a Sunday shift? They are literally still advertising that Sunday is an extra 5er an hour, or is this person incorrect?

Second question, I've pre planned holidays, in July for two weeks.. my trainer thinks I will have to take these unpaid as I haven't been there long enough to get any paid holidays.. does this sound correct? Suprised they can't just dip my holiday pot in advance.. speaking of holiday pot (ok so there's 3 questions lol) how many holidays are temps entitled to? Working 27hrs week..

Thanks in advance

TopperGas

Re: 2 questions guys..

Post by TopperGas »

Anderson21 wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 22:21
Hello there, started today, and I've a couple of questions, I over heard someone saying that you don't get the £5ph uplift anymore on a Sunday shift? They are literally still advertising that Sunday is an extra 5er an hour, or is this person incorrect?

Second question, I've pre planned holidays, in July for two weeks.. my trainer thinks I will have to take these unpaid as I haven't been there long enough to get any paid holidays.. does this sound correct? Suprised they can't just dip my holiday pot in advance.. speaking of holiday pot (ok so there's 3 questions lol) how many holidays are temps entitled to? Working 27hrs week..

Thanks in advance
Sunday work is still paying the premium at present, you need to discuss with your manager, or HR, the position with holidays, as the issue is after less than a month's work you won't really have built up any holidays, so if you don't return after your holidays you will have been overpaid/RM will be out of pocket.