ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Re: Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

LilMae69 wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 10:42
Cheers for the response. I find it amazing that businesses think it's okay to leave you in limbo for so long as if you have no other options. I'm having the same issue with a supermarket chain. I applied ages ago and they are still 'reviewing' my application, in the meantime, I have been offered 3 other jobs which I am currently deciding on. I'm hoping the supermarket comes back with an offer though so I can tell them to stuff it. I thought these companies were desperate for staff at the moment! I understand checks and backlogs but some still seem to cope.
I agree, in the 10months i was unemployed last year i applied for over a hundred jobs. I only had one other interview in addition to the RM one and I had to chase that up as they went silent for a month, despite assuring me at the interview they would be in contact the following week. On chasing it up I got told that I was a competent candidate and suitably experienced for the job. However they felt that i was probably too experienced and as the team I would be working with were all relatively new in post, the employing manager felt that it was a risk that I may overwhelm them.... some of the reasons you get given you couldnt make up! - Of course this could be a polite way of saying your too old and we want someone younger like the rest of the team are, but i'll never know. Wish you all the best and that you get the outcome your seeking. -

Adison

Post by Adison »

Bloody hell - to both posts!

I’ve been there too, very recently.. it is a horrible position to put people in and during that time I also (Norfolk) felt that it was super disrespectful as I had jumped through every hoop and had other job interviews that (I really didn’t want to have to go too) if I could get this job! It’s absolute madness that organisations/chains would treat potential employees in this way, already breaking people down before they get started.

I am wishing you both all the best wishes - fingers crossed for you, that you’ll get some news soon.
Throbobular

Post by Throbobular »

Hi all,

I applied for postie with driving in January and did the tests on the 12th and it has been stuck at 'testing complete' ever since. My partner's mam suggests calling HR to ask what's going on but that seems a bit too much?

Should I assume I've been unsuccessful? Any insight would be appreciated.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Throbobular wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 19:56
Hi all,

I applied for postie with driving in January and did the tests on the 12th and it has been stuck at 'testing complete' ever since. My partner's mam suggests calling HR to ask what's going on but that seems a bit too much?

Should I assume I've been unsuccessful? Any insight would be appreciated.
No I would still hang on you may have been successful. Apparently, they literally have thousands of applications to go through and they are a very small centralised team.

I wouldn't bank on getting a job, accept another if you get an offer, but there is a chance you might be contacted later on. The recruitment is very slow in Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Throbobular

Post by Throbobular »

Wahoo!

I applied for 2 extra posts and have an interview on Thursday with a local DO. The other 2 applications are still at testing complete but at least one has gone somewhere.
No idea

Post by No idea »

Hello, I have recently applied for a Christmas mail sorter job. I have completed the in person document check as well as the DBS check, both have been confirmed by email. The last email I got was that the application had been sent to my local branch for review. That was about a week and a half ago so I was wondering how long it typically takes to hear a response if my application was successful or not? I also do appreciate that recent strike action may have made this stage slightly slower than might normally be the case.
goneaway

Post by goneaway »

No idea wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 12:02
Hello, I have recently applied for a Christmas mail sorter job. I have completed the in person document check as well as the DBS check, both have been confirmed by email. The last email I got was that the application had been sent to my local branch for review. That was about a week and a half ago so I was wondering how long it typically takes to hear a response...
Last Friday, Royal Mail announced they will be making upto 6,000 frontline staff redundant and hoping to lose a further 4,000 from the workforce by not replacing people who leave or retire. |I am not sure if there is now a complete recruitment freeze and if there is, whether temporary casual staff for the pre-Christmas period would be exempt from any such freeze. Does anyone know?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No idea wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 12:02
Hello, I have recently applied for a Christmas mail sorter job. I have completed the in person document check as well as the DBS check, both have been confirmed by email. The last email I got was that the application had been sent to my local branch for review. That was about a week and a half ago so I was wondering how long it typically takes to hear a response if my application was successful or not? I also do appreciate that recent strike action may have made this stage slightly slower than might normally be the case.
going by other years the process is very slow and they don't keep in contact well either. It's a case of keep waiting I am afraid.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
spindrift63

Post by spindrift63 »

Hi,. I had two emails a few weeks ago telling me that I had passed the i.d and DBS checks etc. for seasonal work and that shifts were being worked out. However, I haven't heard anything else since and it's been quite a few weeks since my application. Have I been lost in the system ? Or can I expect something soon now that we are almost in November?
Thanks
emu72

Post by emu72 »

Hi,i am at a stage where i have to fill out the security checks but is asking for my ni number and bank details.At this stage i am dubious about putting this down but cant proceed otherwise.Any help?
Stuart.Hodgkiss

Post by Stuart.Hodgkiss »

Hi,
Trying to find out if being stuck at "Checks in Progress" (since 22nd Oct) is normal or am I missing something?
Do not seem to be able to dig out a working phone number anywhere and the Christmas recruitment email address I had bounced back.

Help?

Many thanks.
prime898

Post by prime898 »

Hi, did you hear anything about your Application? Same has happened to me, I've been waiting 3 weeks and still saying "checks in progress" on my profile. Is there any way you can get in touch with them?