ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Toilet

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Postman_matt

Toilet

Post by Postman_matt »

Hi guys
I start work as a postie in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering where you go to the toilet if you're caught short on your round?

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Toilet

Post by POSTMAN »

Each round 'should' have a designated toilet stop or two, your workplace coach/the miserable git who trained you 'should' of pointed them out.

There are a lot of 'should's' in Royal Mail, I 'should' really stop posting my 'should' speech.

Welcome to hell the firm.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
theargyspy

Post by theargyspy »

Postman_matt wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 10:42
Hi guys
I start work as a postie in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering where you go to the toilet if you're caught short on your round?
Unfortunalty most of the time, unless your lucky enough to have a pub/betting shop or old people's home on your delivery it's pissing al fresco.
I have a favourite alley where I can do what I need to do, or failing that a bush :sad: :shock: I do actually have a toilet assigned to my walk but it's a public one that you have to pay for and it's about half a mile away from my delivery. Brought it up with my union rep numerous times but he's not interested! hopefully he will fight my corner when inevitability the day comes and I get caught by some old lady walking her dog and reported :mad
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
Foxel

Post by Foxel »

I've been on plenty of routes with no toilet. Especially walking routes with a barrow. It's easily one of my biggest stresses about the job. I can no longer risk having a drink until my last loop.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

A lot of the utility companies and roadwork gangs use something like this;

https://traveljohn.com/