ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I allow to return?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.

Am I allow to return?

Post by 43576 »

I am deaf with poor speech, I was work with Royal Mail for eight years at routes in Fakenham. Unfortunate, at that time between 2013 and 2014, I had trouble with my knee injured, I was supposed to have a two operation which I refused because it will affect my Royal Mail Attendance Procedure, So I did take five weeks sick leave instead by doctor sick notes, and I was lucky not need any operation, and I was fit return to work after four weeks out of five weeks and I did not have any more sick till 8 months later my knee went badly wrong cartilage damaged while on my delivery route, and I end up to have an operation and lay off for 10 weeks!
My manager wasn't very helpful as my CWU. I got dismissal imminently within 8 weeks on notice, before Christmas 2015 which I did not appeal, and I have left in peace to try different role to end up at DHL for six years which I earn more than the Royal Mail, Now I have felt like to return Royal Mail I don't know if I am welcome back that is why I asked you first before apply on job site, or it will waste of my time to applied if I have find out that I can't return.
Thanks
Ron.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Am I allow to return?

Post by POSTMAN »

Glutton for punishment?
If you think you are fit enough then you can only but try.
Not sure how it works because you were dismissed.

Doesn't hurt to try though!
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Post by 43576 »

Thanks I will try to apply and see what is happening.
Ron
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

If you're still earning more at DHL then why lower yourself to try and get a job with the RM after they dismissed you in the past?
postiewhite

Post by postiewhite »

As far as im aware if you leave RM there is an option for the manager to submit one question which is, Will you recommend employ this person again?