not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Climate emergency

07 Oct 2019, 15:49

I REALLY hope im wrong but i hope there are precautions in place as im sure we all remember what happened not so long ago when there were lots of people on a London bridge.. and with the hospitals being disrupted it would be messy if it happened again.

Also seems people are annoyed now.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/overview/all

Climate emergency

07 Oct 2019, 15:58

That's a bit sick Leo, I think you should delete that and go get some professional help mate.

Climate emergency

07 Oct 2019, 16:05

Woody Guthrie wrote:That's a bit sick Leo, I think you should delete that and go get some professional help mate.

Why?
People did die that tragic day and the people that do it are sick enough to think in this way, i really do hope its been thought about.

Climate emergency

07 Oct 2019, 21:09

Woodie needs to get some new material for his put-downs. The "nurse" one and the "professional help" one are as old as the Internet itself.
Thankfully the real Woodie Guthrie was rather more original.

Climate emergency

07 Oct 2019, 23:22

Going into London this Sat with the wife and kids, Westmister bridge/London eye/ Merlin attractions ect
Love it down that way tbf.

Am I right there is another demonstration going on in the smoke at the weekend?

I guess you guys have been watching the news with all the goings on and stuff lately.

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 12:56

POSTMAN wrote:Going into London this Sat with the wife and kids, Westmister bridge/London eye/ Merlin attractions ect
Love it down that way tbf.

Am I right there is another demonstration going on in the smoke at the weekend?

I guess you guys have been watching the news with all the goings on and stuff lately.

2 weeks solid mate, id sack it if i were you ( and send an email to the attractions saying why!)

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 13:51

Hi Guys, just thought I'd pop back and tell you how well the London protests are going! We have really f**cked the place up! Hopefully you'll all get
the point one day. In terms of managing it I took a couple of days A/L, cycled to the station and got the train up, hope that's ok? Anyway, my friend's are
the real legends and they're up there for the next two weeks! I hope to be back on my day off on Thursday and also plan to try and nick another couple
of late notice leave days next week so that I'm not missing out! And the offer's still open to anyone who can get up to join us, you know you want to!

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 15:07

countryboy wrote:Hi Guys, just thought I'd pop back and tell you how well the London protests are going! We have really f**cked the place up! Hopefully you'll all get
the point one day. In terms of managing it I took a couple of days A/L, cycled to the station and got the train up, hope that's ok? Anyway, my friend's are
the real legends and they're up there for the next two weeks! I hope to be back on my day off on Thursday and also plan to try and nick another couple
of late notice leave days next week so that I'm not missing out! And the offer's still open to anyone who can get up to join us, you know you want to!

Well done! you've made it so f****d up, the average Londoner will be happier dead so maybe your just advancing the inevitable anyway! Good work! :nana :nana

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 16:30

Woody Guthrie wrote:What's the connection to hair colour Tman?
It's just that my granny was fond of blue, purple and pink rinses and I'm wondering if I should re-asses her political credentials.

Is it really so beige and conservative around your way that you see hair colour as a political statement? Most of the under 30s seem to be sporting some bright colour in their hair these days. When was the last time nurse let you out unsupervised?

Regarding the picture of the protestor with the pink hair - assuming the protestor doesn't have naturally pink hair,
I hope the pink hair dye in question was eco-friendly and doesn't use toxins harmful to the environment.

Even if it is one of the rare eco-friendly versions, there would have been natural resources used in the production, transportation and use of
an unnecessary product, perhaps not totally in line with the views of XR?

I'm all for trying to reduce co2 emissions, reducing, reusing and recycling but XR need to look at how they present their points
and stop giving the impression of being holier than thou.

They had a representative on BBC breakfast this morning who basically went on (what seemed like) a 5 minute rant - no doubt alienating
many people who may have listened to a more considered position. Berating people does not work in my view, you need to
encourage people to come with you on the journey.

But how do you convince developing nations such as China and India that they can't have the benefits of a growing economy when
we've been sat on our comfortable arses for the past 100 years or more, happy to rip the rare minerals out of the ground
from those emerging/developing countries to sate our demand for our cars, TV's, PC's, laptops, mobile phones etc.

As China is the biggest producer of CO2 emissions, perhaps we ought to stop buying cheap crap from them and
shipping it halfway across the world - oh but hang on that might mean less work for us and less jobs.......

Do I know what the solutions are? No, but we've got to stop CO2 emissions somehow - I'll walk to work
again tomorrow - that's a promise !!! As long as it's not chucking it down.....

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 16:55

Two classics from xr's twitter feed ' Nottingham protest cancelled due to rain' and ' holding hunger strikes tonight please send us free food this aft!'

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 19:48

Watching an episode of 999 On The Frontline and one paramedic has pink hair, the other bright red, what can we deduce from this about their character, their morals, their politics? Absolutely f*ck all? Correct!

Tman can complain about Woody’s put downs but when people carry on like crap right wing 1970s sitcom characters I don’t understand why they’d expect anyone to view them differently.

Climate emergency

08 Oct 2019, 20:40

You do seem overly-concerned about someone on the Net pointing out an XR protester stereotype.
That's got me wondering about your hair colouring now... :shock:

Climate emergency

09 Oct 2019, 15:26

As an environmental sciences student I had long hair and heard it all, sadly I’ve lost most of it now but the ‘jokes’ were boring then and haven’t aged well, and attacking stereotypes is always a bit of a d*ck move really.

Climate emergency

09 Oct 2019, 16:05

Stereotypes and clichés have, by their very nature, an element of truth, otherwise they wouldn't be stereotypes and clichés.
Not important in the slightest in the bigger picture, unlike say, the vast police budgetary cost in both money and man-hours to police and contain the London demo's.
After all, it's not as if the Met's budgets weren't already under pressure dealing with knife crime, gangs, terrorists of all types, organised crime, etc etc is it?
No, far better to allow the naïve ones (of every hair colour) to call for absurdities re personal travel, gas boilers etc while blocking the streets. :roll:

Climate emergency

09 Oct 2019, 18:35

Interesting, weren’t you lamenting the increase of anti-semitism in the Labour Party a while back? I don’t suppose you’d make the same argument in defence of anti-Jewish stereotypes.

Climate emergency

17 Oct 2019, 18:02

Looks like the plebs aren't so on-board with XR after all-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

Seems like the idiot was lucky to escape as lightly as he did.

Climate emergency

18 Oct 2019, 23:50

The way I see it is it whatever we do in this piddly nation will be overcome by the technology of years gone by the size of new mega nations ie Brasil, India , Indonesia we cannot disivent what we built the world on and refuse to let other nations gain the knowledge and technological innovations and pay us for those while the world we all live in goes to pot at the same time. Do I agree with nutters stopping planes trains and automobiles NO and if they want something done form a party if they cannot agree amongst themselves they will be like the conservative party of unionists now that is a tail too tell!

Climate emergency

17 Nov 2019, 12:03

Just found this on YouTube john Lewis Christmas ad with a difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9do5DWA_hnI

Climate emergency

19 Nov 2019, 19:49

I'm surprised at the public apathy towards the environment - it's certainly infinitely more important than the whole Brexit shenanigans that we've seen over the last 4 years. In fact, if Brexit has been the word of this decade, climate will be the word of the 20s, while extinction will be the word of the 30s. The problem that scientists are seeing is that the deterioration - in respect to ice in the Arctic, to CO2 ppm in the atmosphere, and the rise of global temperatures - is exceeding even their worst predictions, and that s**t is hitting the fan far more, far earlier than expected. At the moment, it is only presenting in minor ways; heatwaves touching 40 degrees in the South of England, touching 50 degrees in mainland Europe, floods in Venice and apocalyptic rain throughout the UK, hottest ever months every month, but this is just a prelude to where it's going. In 10 years, it will be cataclysmic. In 20 years, it will be f****d. And it'll get worse with more and more right-wing, climate change denying loons being elected into office throughout the world. We are basically screwed.

Climate emergency

19 Nov 2019, 20:19

taurus88 wrote:
We are basically screwed.

Stop worrying about it then.

Its hot in summer ,wet in autumn and cold in winter, like its always been, going on your username your 31 years old, so within the next 40 years youll be in the ground anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 9 of 10   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10