ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday Pay

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
NW11851

Re: Holiday Pay

Post by NW11851 »

2 hours notice? That’s luxury.

I received a email at 15:11 this afternoon fir a 15:30 shift.

Management couldn’t manage the proverbial piss-up in a brewery.

Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I still haven’t had an email about the new holiday procedures. If possible could someone copy and paste it here? Thanks in advance.
sameer1haq

Post by sameer1haq »

Lockardian wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 08:53
I still haven’t had an email about the new holiday procedures. If possible could someone copy and paste it here? Thanks in advance.
Hopefully it comes out right but here 👍

We are writing to you to inform you of some important changes and improvements to the way holiday is booked. These changes will be effective from 5th April 2021.
To reflect these changes, the introduction of JoinedUp and some tidying up so that our contract’s up to date we are also issuing you with an updated contract to take effect from 5th April 2021 which is attached to this e-mail. To confirm your original date of employment and continuation of service is unaffected by these changes.
In this email, we will take you through what is changing, how it impacts you and how to read your payslip. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, our team are happy to speak to you (contact details below).
What is staying the same?
Seeing my pay - You will continue to be able to access payslips via your SDWorx login.
Frequency of Pay – this will remain the same and continue to be paid into your nominated bank account.
Confirmed Bookings- There will be no changes to your current or future bookings.
Holiday Pay Entitlement – There is no change to your entitlement to paid holiday.
Holiday Year – There is no change to your current holiday year which runs from 1st of April to the 31st of March.
What is changing?
Simplifying how you book holidays
From the 5th April 2021, you will be able to book all holidays through JoinedUp, so you will have no need to go onto a separate website.
You can book all your Engagements, manage your shifts, availability and holidays all in the same place.
Screenshot below of how you can set your availability and book holiday on Joined Up.

As part of these changes, you will no longer receive payment in lieu of untaken holiday at the end of the holiday year. We ask that you take your full entitlement of paid leave throughout the year, to ensure you have sufficient rest.
Holiday can be requested for a future period at any point in the current holiday year but needs to be a minimum of a week ahead of when you wish to take it.
How will my holiday pay be shown
With the move to using JoinedUp to book your holidays you will see a change in how your holiday balance appears, instead of using hours, you will now see this as weeks or part weeks.
In line with legislation you will continue to receive the equivalent of 5.6 weeks holiday (with the number of days holiday pro rated depending on how much you work), and your holiday pay rate will be calculated based on an average of your previous 52 working weeks (or your full employment if less than 52 weeks).
To confirm nothing has changed in relation to how much holiday you accrue, just that instead of hours, you will now see this in weeks or part weeks.
See below for an example of the page within Joined Up where you will see your holiday accrued, taken and remaining:
Future Changes – Correction to unit on your payslip
Due to a printing error that is in the process of being corrected, your payslip will indicate that the unit of holiday pay is hours when it is actually paid as part weeks. The value is correct it is just the label of unit that is incorrect. We apologise for this inconvenience and any confusion this may cause.
Your payslip will also confirm that this is actually part weeks rather than hours in the messages section so that you have a clear weekly reminder however, please be aware of that when you look at that number on the payslip.
Should you have any questions regarding this or any other part of your payslip you can contact us at any time.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and work throughout what remains a busy time for the business.
If you do have any questions or concerns in relation to any of the above, please do contact our team via: angardpayroll.queries@reed.com.
Best regards Angard Staffing
Classified: RMG – Intern
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

NW11851 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 23:34
2 hours notice? That’s luxury.

I received a email at 15:11 this afternoon fir a 15:30 shift.

Management couldn’t manage the proverbial piss-up in a brewery.
Possibly down to no-shows. But I concur as regards to the drinking session!
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

sameer1haq wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 11:00
Lockardian wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 08:53
Hopefully it comes out right but here 👍

We are writing to you to inform you of some important changes and improvements to the way holiday is booked. These changes will be effective from 5th April 2021.
To reflect these changes, the introduction of JoinedUp and some tidying up so that our contract’s up to date we are also issuing you with an updated contract to take effect from 5th April 2021 which is attached to this e-mail. To confirm your original date of employment and continuation of service is unaffected by these changes.
In this email, we will take you through what is changing, how it impacts you and how to read your payslip. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, our team are happy to speak to you (contact details below).
What is staying the same?
Seeing my pay - You will continue to be able to access payslips via your SDWorx login.
Frequency of Pay – this will remain the same and continue to be paid into your nominated bank account.
Confirmed Bookings- There will be no changes to your current or future bookings.
Holiday Pay Entitlement – There is no change to your entitlement to paid holiday.
Holiday Year – There is no change to your current holiday year which runs from 1st of April to the 31st of March.
What is changing?
Simplifying how you book holidays
From the 5th April 2021, you will be able to book all holidays through JoinedUp, so you will have no need to go onto a separate website.
You can book all your Engagements, manage your shifts, availability and holidays all in the same place.
Screenshot below of how you can set your availability and book holiday on Joined Up.

As part of these changes, you will no longer receive payment in lieu of untaken holiday at the end of the holiday year. We ask that you take your full entitlement of paid leave throughout the year, to ensure you have sufficient rest.
Holiday can be requested for a future period at any point in the current holiday year but needs to be a minimum of a week ahead of when you wish to take it.
How will my holiday pay be shown
With the move to using JoinedUp to book your holidays you will see a change in how your holiday balance appears, instead of using hours, you will now see this as weeks or part weeks.
In line with legislation you will continue to receive the equivalent of 5.6 weeks holiday (with the number of days holiday pro rated depending on how much you work), and your holiday pay rate will be calculated based on an average of your previous 52 working weeks (or your full employment if less than 52 weeks).
To confirm nothing has changed in relation to how much holiday you accrue, just that instead of hours, you will now see this in weeks or part weeks.
See below for an example of the page within Joined Up where you will see your holiday accrued, taken and remaining:
Future Changes – Correction to unit on your payslip
Due to a printing error that is in the process of being corrected, your payslip will indicate that the unit of holiday pay is hours when it is actually paid as part weeks. The value is correct it is just the label of unit that is incorrect. We apologise for this inconvenience and any confusion this may cause.
Your payslip will also confirm that this is actually part weeks rather than hours in the messages section so that you have a clear weekly reminder however, please be aware of that when you look at that number on the payslip.
Should you have any questions regarding this or any other part of your payslip you can contact us at any time.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and work throughout what remains a busy time for the business.
If you do have any questions or concerns in relation to any of the above, please do contact our team via: angardpayroll.queries@reed.com.
Best regards Angard Staffing
Classified: RMG – Intern
Thanks Sameer. Obviously I can’t see the JoinedUp screencaps but do you just set your availability to “Holiday” and you get paid the equivalent of 1 days wages? Holiday hours rates of pay have never been the same as standard hours rates of pay, but apparently it all adds up correctly. I’ve no idea how it will work now if you don’t take holiday in “hours” but in “part weeks”. Once the payslips start showing this info it may become clearer.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Login to joinedUp and select Holiday for a date and you will see the option for half day or full day. I'm sure the hourly rate will be still be a lottery and it looks like you can now only select 4 or 8 hours.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

tabact wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 08:02
Login to joinedUp and select Holiday for a date and you will see the option for half day or full day. I'm sure the hourly rate will be still be a lottery and it looks like you can now only select 4 or 8 hours.
On JoinedUp I can only select “Holiday” from the drop-down menu - no further options. Or if I choose “Unavailable” I can specify the hours I’m unavailable and give the reason as “Holiday”. But it seems I can only select a full day’s holiday or specific “unavailable” hours.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Maybe not set up for you yet and that's why you haven't had the email. If I login and select Holiday I get these options.
Screenshot_20210403.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nothingatthemoment

Post by nothingatthemoment »

Lockardian wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 08:15
tabact wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 08:02
On JoinedUp I can only select “Holiday” from the drop-down menu - no further options. Or if I choose “Unavailable” I can specify the hours I’m unavailable and give the reason as “Holiday”. But it seems I can only select a full day’s holiday or specific “unavailable” hours.
When applying for a Holiday bizarrely you cant put in unavailable all day , you have to put in something like unavailable 00:00 to 22:00 , then you will get the drop-down box asking you if you want paid a half or full day . :arrrghhh
tabact

Post by tabact »

nothingatthemoment wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 09:31

When applying for a Holiday bizarrely you cant put in unavailable all day , you have to put in something like unavailable 00:00 to 22:00 , then you will get the drop-down box asking you if you want paid a half or full day . :arrrghhh
That explains why I can see the holiday selection when I was looking at it. It's the same problem if you make yourself available all day without selecting any hours. There is no holiday option available.
tabact

Post by tabact »

As I expected the holiday pay this week is about £300 less than I calculated. It happens every year to varying degrees. Anybody else getting less than expected? I did a rough calculation of my gross pay for the year less holiday pay I'd already received then multiplied by 13.29% am I missing something?
Just tried using the old 12.07% holiday rate and got wtihin £25 of my figure. Wrong percentage used by Angard possibly?
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

tabact wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 15:55
As I expected the holiday pay this week is about £300 less than I calculated. It happens every year to varying degrees. Anybody else getting less than expected? I did a rough calculation of my gross pay for the year less holiday pay I'd already received then multiplied by 13.29% am I missing something?
Just tried using the old 12.07% holiday rate and got wtihin £25 of my figure. Wrong percentage used by Angard possibly?
If I use the same calculation 13.29% x Gross Pay (minus last years holiday payment) this year’s holiday award is just over £50 short of my calculation. Using the 12.07% calculation, the award is a good £200 higher.

I know that overtime and Bank Holidays accrue a lower holiday entitlement (12.07%) so that may explain my shortfall.

There have been various cases of underpayments put right later, the backdated pay rise, the £38 bonus for Boxing Day etc which have always shown on different “lines” of our payslips. Perhaps these haven’t been properly accounted for?

According to my rate card after 5 years service the holiday entitlement changes to 13.79% from 13.29%, and my five year point was during this last year. So maybe I should have been using the higher percentage?

I’ve tried querying holiday calculations before and never got very far. As you say, is it really as simple as 13.29% x Gross?
tabact

Post by tabact »

Lockardian wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 17:13
I’ve tried querying holiday calculations before and never got very far. As you say, is it really as simple as 13.29% x Gross?
I think we have this discussion every year and never get a straight answer, if any, out of Angard. I should also be on the 13.79% rate and I have done a small amount of overtime which would have had a slight effect on the totals. I just used the gross totals as a ball park figure. If it had been close I would have let it go as I know the futility of arguing with Angard. I'll have to firm up my figures allowing for overtime then query what has been paid. I might be lucky and the email gets picked up by somebody who doesn't just send a copy and paste reply or more likely just get ignored.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Not sure about anyone else, but holiday balance is not showing on my payslips anymore. I can view the balance on JoinedUp though.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

It’s on JoinedUp

Go to Profile then part way down is Holiday.

As an experiment, I booked a day last week.

Now tge cut-off has passed, it seems to have been accepted.

Waiting to see if it gets paid on the payslip