ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday Pay

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Holiday Pay

Post by Lockardian »

Yes, I realised it was on JoinedUp - just curious as to why it’s no longer on payslips.

It’ll be interesting to know what you actually get paid for “a day’s holiday” and if it equates to the payment for one shift.

NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Well, according to the payslip, I received £75.84 for a whole day’s holiday last Saturday.

I am aware that the £/hour used is based upon an average of my hourly rate during the previous 52 weeks.

I could go back and calculate it for myself but Alice’s too short.
LOL

Hope the info helps
tabact

Post by tabact »

Tried booking some days off but they are still showing as pending on JoinedUp ten days later and one date booked has now passed. Are holidays still paid in the same week they are booked for or are they now in arrears? I've emailed Angard but who knows if I'll get a response. This new system is unnecessarily complicated as you have no idea what a 'week' actually is. I'll probably have to ring them to find out what is going on as the last time I tried to book holiday via JoinedUp it failed.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

I havent tried booking holidays yet but have you tried booking them the old way?
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

I’ve been booking a day’s holiday on a Sunday for the last few Sundays and have been getting each one paid the following Friday. From my experience it’s been quite straightforward, thankfully.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Rvlvr wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 14:41
I’ve been booking a day’s holiday on a Sunday for the last few Sundays and have been getting each one paid the following Friday. From my experience it’s been quite straightforward, thankfully.
How have you booked it on your work calendar? I'd already set my availabilty for July and the days I had put down unavailable I changed the 'type from other to holiday which then shows as pending. If I look at the holiday in the profile section it shows the date created and pending status. I'd booked Friday as holiday and it shows as Days 1 Taken 0 in the profile section. Maybe it will update at midnight tonight as it's the end of the week?
Warbo wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 11:39
I havent tried booking holidays yet but have you tried booking them the old way?
My main IP address is locked out from Angard's website so I normally just email them or ring. I could use another IP address to go via the website and see what happens but I'll probably just get a snotty email saying to use joinedup. They don't respomd to the fact some of us are locked out from their site and if you ring up you can't get to speak to anybody who deals with the IT side of things.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

The booked holiday is shown as pending until the date has passed.

They pay it on the Friday if the week in which is booked and the day is marked as taken.

The reason for this is that you can cancel the booked holiday before the date it is due.

As to why you think that your IP Address is blocked, are you using a VPN program that has your imaginary location outside the UK?

It probably won’t let you log in via the Tor browser.

Hope that helps.
tabact

Post by tabact »

NW11851 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 07:51
The booked holiday is shown as pending until the date has passed.

They pay it on the Friday if the week in which is booked and the day is marked as taken.
The holiday is still showing as pending for 2nd July so something is wrong. I would have expected to be paid on last week's payslip.
NW11851 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 07:51
As to why you think that your IP Address is blocked, are you using a VPN program that has your imaginary location outside the UK?

It probably won’t let you log in via the Tor browser.
If you browse the angard website and click on more than 10 links in one session that IP address is locked out indefinitely. Most sites that have this type of security normally auto reset after 24 hours. You can access the website via Tor and I used that method to lock out a couple more times with different IP addresses that's why I know it's a 10 link limit. Not a lot of use if you are nosing through the policy links to see if anything has changed.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

:sad:
tabact

Post by tabact »

I did have my suspicions about when the holiday is paid and it is now paid a week in arrears and not in the same week as it was previously. That's why my day booked for last week was still showing as pending until this week started and they started processing the payroll. I assume hoilday is now automated via JoinedUp if booked holiday is now being paid in arrears so that may mean the 7 days notice doesn't apply anymore which would be handy if you get no shifts in a week. The day booked also doesn't show on the work calendar once paid which seems a bit daft.

I did have a look at the Angard website via Tor to see if it told you when holiday is paid but everything just refers you to JoinedUp. The holiday FAQ used to say you were paid in the same week it was booked. Out of curiosity browsed the site and was locked out on 10th link accessed so be wary if using your own IP address.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Yes, it’s paid a week in arrears now along with any other shifts you worked the previous week. I think it changed to “approved” once they’ve ran payroll. In theory it still needs to be booked 7 days in advance but if you submitted it later than that (up to the day of the holiday) it would probably still get paid. I haven’t tested that out!
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

If you book the holiday in advance, (say) before the cut-off of Sund night, then the Holiday Pay will be paid in the following Friday.

If you book it in the week of your day’s leave then it will be paid the Friday of the following week.

It’s precisely the same as hours worked.

Think of it as a day worked for which you receive payment and it all makes sense.
tabact

Post by tabact »

I have no problem with the week in arrears, it makes life simpler.

I've been messing about second guessing whether I'm going to get a shift the following week or should I book a days holiday now because of the 7 days notice method that was previously required. When Angard updated the holiday procedures it would have been nice to be told it's now paid in arrears.
xUzi786

Post by xUzi786 »

I booked holiday for 14/07, 15/07, and 16/07, I was wondering does anyone know which date this will be paid on, is it friday the 16th or friday the 23rd??
Thanks
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

xUzi786 wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 20:15
I booked holiday for 14/07, 15/07, and 16/07, I was wondering does anyone know which date this will be paid on, is it friday the 16th or friday the 23rd??
Thanks
23rd.