ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday requests.

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Metalman

Holiday requests.

Post by Metalman »

I have tried to book holiday on Angard's site through the Queries section 3 times and I have not received any reply telling me whether or not the holiday has been granted. Is anyone else having similar problems? Also tried to phone Angard and I am getting no answer.

dodado

Re: Holiday requests.

Post by dodado »

they are all working remotely at the moment & have thousands of requests this time of year, So takes a while to get confirmation if at all if request done at short notice
every body gets paid 3rd week of april automatically if not claimed
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Holiday confirmation email usually week before your holiday starts.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

I’ve been working for Angard since Feb 2017 and they have paid out unused holiday pay in mi-April each year.

No reason to expect any difference this year.
shugster63

Post by shugster63 »

Regarding the holiday pay issue.

I have been trying to book holidays for the last few weeks through the Angard Pay Request page.
Seems like there are miraculously problems with the system. Strange at the time of year that there is a holiday payment becoming due.
These are unprecedented times. There are people in our centre who have built up 200-250 hours holidays. I myself have 80 hours that I have been unable to use recently.
Angard have around 50,000 workers on their books. Even taking the lowly total of each worker having 30 hours holiday allowance left, that would make an approximate one off payment of around £16-17 million.

Feel fairly sure Angard will change the rules later this year.

Have emailed payroll etc to try and get holidays.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

shugster63 wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 06:32
Regarding the holiday pay issue.

I have been trying to book holidays for the last few weeks through the Angard Pay Request page.
Seems like there are miraculously problems with the system. Strange at the time of year that there is a holiday payment becoming due.
These are unprecedented times. There are people in our centre who have built up 200-250 hours holidays. I myself have 80 hours that I have been unable to use recently.
Angard have around 50,000 workers on their books. Even taking the lowly total of each worker having 30 hours holiday allowance left, that would make an approximate one off payment of around £16-17 million.

Feel fairly sure Angard will change the rules later this year.

Have emailed payroll etc to try and get holidays.

Hello,
I dont understand the thoughts behind building up so many holiday hours. I book as I get them (within reason) and keep the carry over to the minimum.
Better to have the cash in my account. Also if like me you dont do lots of shifts (200-250 hours holidays) :shock: best to be balanced against your tax liability.
Roxx

Post by Roxx »

Some of us haven't intended to build up large amounts of holiday but Angard have failed to pay it when we have tried to claim it.
The system hasn't been acknowledging holiday pay requests until 2 days before or the day after the holiday day anyway so we have no way of knowing if the request was actually received until we get the payslip showing if the payment is being made or not.
I tried claiming 3 lots this month. Total of 80 hours. They failed to pay any last week, are paying 46 hours tomorrow (at £3.50 an hour less than I ever earn) and have said I can't have this weekend as it's after the 26th.

Since November the hourly rate for holiday has been far, far lower than my pay rate and they have failed to pay on several occasions so how exactly are we supposed to not build up a large amount of holiday due?
Metalman

Post by Metalman »

I have had exactly the same problem. They are not letting me use my holiday pay. That is why it has built up so much.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Roxx wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 08:21
Some of us haven't intended to build up large amounts of holiday but Angard have failed to pay it when we have tried to claim it.
The system hasn't been acknowledging holiday pay requests until 2 days before or the day after the holiday day anyway so we have no way of knowing if the request was actually received until we get the payslip showing if the payment is being made or not.
I tried claiming 3 lots this month. Total of 80 hours. They failed to pay any last week, are paying 46 hours tomorrow (at £3.50 an hour less than I ever earn) and have said I can't have this weekend as it's after the 26th.

Since November the hourly rate for holiday has been far, far lower than my pay rate and they have failed to pay on several occasions so how exactly are we supposed to not build up a large amount of holiday due?
I can only comment on what I have heard from other staff. I can only relate on what I do as regards holidays and that is take them asap but keep enough to keep things on course (AWR) if work goes slack. I have also had three lots this month and all where paid but nowt like 80 hours.
The hourly rate pay seems to of gone to the RM equation and started last November( for hours I booked) and this is cover in the RM forum.
To get the best hourly return you would have to calculate when is the best time to take them.