ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Complaint made - am I ever likely to receive a shift again?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
nicaboo

Complaint made - am I ever likely to receive a shift again?

Post by nicaboo »

So my son had some shifts cancelled and then not given any more, nor the usual email with shifts on offer.

So eventually after making enquiries, am informed by Angard, that a 'complaint' has been made, and no shifts until resolved.

2 weeks later still don't even know what the complaint is so no opportunity to respond!!

Is this typically how RM treat their agency staff. Honestly shocked, thought it would be a good start to his working life, but turning in to a bit of a nightmare.

Warbo

Re: Complaint made - am I ever likely to receive a shift again?

Post by Warbo »

Has this been resolved? If not has your son got no clue what the complaint is about?
Angard are quite slow at replies to say the least but have you tried HR services? You could try contacting the Royalmail MC book room. I dont know if it will help!
Be aware that this job can be subject to a lack of shifts at certain times due to lack of volume but lots of staff in the same boat waiting for a shift.
Experience is that shifts can be shared out down to one a week some times longer.
Hope you sort it.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

For his shifts are they showing as completed with the correct hours added?

The bookroom is a decent suggestion or if local I'd pop round and see if you can talk to the production supply manager / bookroom manager (if he hasn't just been made redundant).

I'm assuming your lad is quite young so I don't see why they can't give you more information.
nicaboo

Post by nicaboo »

Still not resolved. He hasn't been told anything, If I hadn't made enquiries with Angard we wouldn't even no there had been a complaint, shocking really....and as time goes on remembering what has 'happened' wont become any easier, if indeed he's actually done anything in the first place. really disappointing
Bagel25

Post by Bagel25 »

From past experience, I would advise that you keep up the level of contact until whatever the issue is, is resolved. If you don’t, Angard will just let it phase out unresolved. You need to call them daily, even if it results in them picking up the phone then dropping the call. You also need to be emailing them frequently to request updates and stating each time the amount of times you have tried contacting them and the length of time that has passed.

Make sure you keep a log of the date, time and the name of the Reps you have spoken to.

Once they see you are persistent they will engage. I doubt that a complaint has been made about your Son as it’s pretty much an anything goes environment. Seems like they are just being selective on who they give shifts.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

How is this problem going? Hope your lad got it sorted.