ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bristol MC - Anyone receiving shifts?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
nicaboo

Bristol MC - Anyone receiving shifts?

Post by nicaboo »

Hi all. My son had quite a few shifts booked in for this week at the Bristol MC but they were all cancelled on Saturday. Anyone else had the same issue here? He's not received any of the usual emails either asking if anyone can work a shift. He said he hasn't had any issues at work. Just wondering what the situation is with Angard staff at the Bristol centre at the moment, are people getting shifts this week, or having shifts cancelled? Thanks

sameer1haq

Re: Bristol MC - Anyone receiving shifts?

Post by sameer1haq »

Think it’s like that everywhere tbh. Emails have dried out, basically just getting automatically booked on the day for me. Since the casuals have been moved to Angard, it has affected a lot of shifts for already Angard staff, I may be wrong but just a little theory.
Medwaycasual

Post by Medwaycasual »

At medway mail centre it appears that the ex xmas casuals, recently transferred to angard, are getting more shifts than the awr angard casuals. I was told that there are now 500 angard casuals available at medway, so royalmail can pick and choose who they want. Don't forget it is a zero hour contract, no work guaranteed., if i don't get any shifts i claim universal credit/jsa.
nicaboo

Post by nicaboo »

yeah he's claiming Universal credit although that seems to work on a monthly basis with regard to earnings so not helpful if you get a good week and then a bad week with Angard etc. Perhaps it is just the fact they've got so many Angard temps now he'll be lucky to get anything, plus it's less busy anyway. He has said that when he has worked there's hardly anyone there (compared to xmas) with obvs a lot less mail coming through. It was just strange to have 5 shifts cancelled like they did, or is that normal, LOL
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Medwaycasual wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 06:45
At medway mail centre it appears that the ex xmas casuals, recently transferred to angard, are getting more shifts than the awr angard casuals. I was told that there are now 500 angard casuals available at medway, so royalmail can pick and choose who they want. Don't forget it is a zero hour contract, no work guaranteed., if i don't get any shifts i claim universal credit/jsa.
I think the key could be new starts could well be on a lower pay rate than awr staff. Making it more cost effective especially at the financial year end and the lack of volume of work.
The problem with universal credit and jsa they are NI contribution based so if you only do a few shifts you are knackered.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

How are shifts going for everyone? There isnt a lot being offered at the moment at my depot( for me).
How are you offered the shifts? I hope it is through "Joined Up or your agent" only!!!
Keep Safe