ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No shows

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
sameer1haq

No shows

Post by sameer1haq »

So basically I had cancel a 2-10 shift around 20 minutes before a shift due to a family emergency and apparently it wasn’t acceptable plus I had shifts for next week cancelled too so does that mean I won’t be able to work next week or just she’s just cancelled them for next week for a reason. I don’t think I have any no shows, I only have like 1 in the past

Thanks

tabact

Re: No shows

Post by tabact »

I broke down on the way to work one night and even though I rang them up 45 minutes before I was due to start to let them know I was stuck at the side of the road I didn't get a shift for 14 days after that. They just see cancelled on joinedup and ignore any mitigating circumstances. Try ringing them to find out if you are banned for 14 days. I never bothered ringing to find out if I was banned as I couldn't get to work until I replaced the car anyway.
sameer1haq

Post by sameer1haq »

She said to me 7 days so hopefully it actually is 7 days cause I’m gonna struggle to stay home for 14 haha
redheadedwoman
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by redheadedwoman »

What a s**t way to treat people :sad:
Medwaycasual

Post by Medwaycasual »

Apparently angard get a lot of no shows
I worked a sunday and there were 6 no shows!

The angard policy regarding a no show seems to be , that you will not be allocated any shifts for the next 5/7 days. Seems a harsh policy. If you are an angard associatecd cwu member, ( i am ) you could ask them to represent you and try and get the ban challenged .
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

I once rang Angard 6 hours before a shift after becoming unwell and being told by a doctor to rest for 48 hours. The guy was incredibly rude to me, especially when I pointed out I was giving them plenty of notice and hadn’t cancelled a shift before (or since, I’ve been with Angard for over 2 years) and will often get out of bed at incredibly short notice to help out on nights when the MC’s been understaffed. I ended up putting the phone down on him. Luckily this was just before COVID hit and they needed all hands on deck so it didn’t hurt me but I’ve no doubt at a quieter time I’d have been blacklisted.

I think because it’s easier to cancel shifts now because of Joined Up that probably does make life difficult for them but we’re in the middle of a pandemic, if people have to cancel due to illness or childcare issues or whatever they should respect that.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

We had 7 no shows on the 5pm shift yesterday.

Don’t no whether they were real or whether Angard cancelled them without telling our MC

Angard working from home and they seem to be in chaos.

Perhaps tge cinsuktants are isolating as well
zarrow50

Post by zarrow50 »

What Angard forget is many Angard staff have other contracts so may get a better offer somewhere else.
zarrow50

Post by zarrow50 »

They rang me saying I hadn't confirmed a shift 5 minutes after it was allocated to me. I told them my
Mum was ill and we were waiting on a Doctor phone call. He just said okay and cancelled the shift but left it at that .
sameer1haq

Post by sameer1haq »

At the end of the day, make sure u don’t mess about with Angard for shifts, cancel them on time and make sure u don’t request shifts then end up not doing them. I know mine was a mistake but I’ve learnt from it.
Last edited by sameer1haq on 08 Feb 2021, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

NW11851 wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 08:47
We had 7 no shows on the 5pm shift yesterday.

Don’t no whether they were real or whether Angard cancelled them without telling our MC

Angard working from home and they seem to be in chaos.

Perhaps tge cinsuktants are isolating as well
No shows have always been a problem and yes being blacklisted seems harsh but if you dont get the shift because the quota has been filled and there are no shows thats not good.
As for being in chaos truly cant see any difference and possibly very good at what they do.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

I think many of the consultants are working from home and even with the technology, it’s not as efficient as working together.

I have few problems with them . I highly recommend Claire Mann and her manager, Megan Walton.

I feel sorry fir them is this pandemic situation and not this poor weather will not help them find staff to work.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

sameer1haq wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 17:53
At the end of the day, make sure u don’t mess about with Angard for shifts, cancel them on time and make sure u don’t request shifts then end up not doing them. I know mine was a mistake but I’ve learnt from it.
Whilst I’m not knocking you, you’re essentially saying you’ve learnt that next time you have a family emergency you’ll leave your loved one in their hour of need for fear of being black listed by your employer, which is pretty grim isn’t it.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

I havent cancelled many but have never had a problem that looks like blacklisted. I think you will find your next shift will depend on work load and how many are available so at best you could possibly be at the back of the queue.
sameer1haq

Post by sameer1haq »

Warbo wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 21:52
I havent cancelled many but have never had a problem that looks like blacklisted. I think you will find your next shift will depend on work load and how many are available so at best you could possibly be at the back of the queue.
What do you mean?