ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick Pay (SSP)

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Warbo

Sick Pay (SSP)

Post by Warbo »

Apologies if this is covered else where.
Has anyone got details on how or what figures qualify for SSP if you are a zero hour agency employee?
The info I have conflicts between having enough nat ins contributions and Lower Earnings Limit(LEL).
Clearly if you earn at the LEL you dont reach the nat ins threshold.
Keep save keep distance and wear a face mask.

Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Sick Pay (SSP)

Post by Lockardian »

If you’re off sick or isolating for four days or more, you qualify for SSP - currently from the first day of absence, as long as you’ve earned an average of £120 or more (before tax) in the last eight weeks. The SSP rate is £95.85 a week for up to 28 weeks.

Email your fit note or isolation note to Angard Payroll as soon as possible after you fall sick.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Anybody claimed SSP and willing to share the experience of how the claim went?
Anybody been furloughed due to self isolating or shielding?
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

I had a week off at the start of January due a stomach bug, I filled in form SC2 available here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ckness-sc2 - then sent screenshots of the form to Angard. They didn’t reply to me but the following week I checked my payslip and I was paid SSP.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

I’ve had to self-isolate on three occasions. The first time the SSP rate was incorrect, and it took several weeks to get paid the balance. On the other two (very recent) occasions, there were no issues. I emailed a copy of my iso note and, although I received no acknowledgment, I was paid the correct amount of SSP for the time I was absent.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Thanks for the info.
Next one is has anyone been furloughed?