ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hi All!

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
DavidH70

Hi All!

Post by DavidH70 »

Hello All!
I am working for RM via Manpower as a Xmas casual for the run up to Christmas. My question is..I scan the parcels with the PDA to optimize route for delivery..does the PDA sort it for the street you're delivering on or for the fastest route? Also how do you arrange parcels in the van? I put mine in street order only to break and they move all over and get mixed up. Dark nights not a help when you are unfamiliar with your surroundings, my head torch helps to find the numbers. Enjoying it as time literally flies by.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hi All!

Post by POSTMAN »

Hi mate and welcome, will move this to the Xmas casual forums.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Mr Plod

Re: Hi All!

Post by Mr Plod »

Hi Mate

Once you have optimised them. Number them in stop order using a marker tip pen.
Put your small packets / parcels into a tote in stop order and they can slide about all they like. But they will still be together.

Mel. :crazy: