ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

12 Weeks Pay for Angard Workers

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
GiGiRose

Post by GiGiRose »

So there’s a few Angard workers, some 6-8 weeks into the job and we’ve been hearing that the rate can go up to £14ph after the 12 weeks! :dance How true is this & can anyone help with what the actual rate would be both during normal day hours and for Bank Holiday & Sunday. Bit disheartening working at the minimum wage during this time. :sad: Thanks

NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

The rates vary across the country.
I have a copy of the Tariff Sheet for my MC. (Attached)

Three years ago, when I became AWR qualified, my pay rate increased by 56%.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GiGiRose

Post by GiGiRose »

NW11851 wrote:The rates vary across the country.
I have a copy of the Tariff Sheet for my MC. (Attached)

Three years ago, when I became AWR qualified, my pay rate increased by 56%.
Wow, thanks for this! What a Big difference!! So Sunday & night shift is where the coins@! :thumbup Worth putting in the extra hard work!! So busy rn but I guess that means more shifts! How were you able to get a copy of this & I noticed this was April last year, so has it gone up again? Can you clarify, some workers are saying that you cant have a day off before those 12 weeks, otherwise you wont qualify? So to @least do 1 shift a week. How true is this?? Lot of qs but with 3 yrs, you seem to have the experience! :)
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

1 You must do at least 1 shift per week
2 You can have gaps of up to 5 weeks but if you do this it will take approx 60 weeks to clamber to the higher rate.
3 The money may me on the Sunday night shifts but ANGARF staff only get those if
a) Your face fits
b) The MC is truly desperate (as they are at the moment)
C) Most Angard shifts are either 18:30 to 22:00 Monday to Friday. Or overnight.
d) Monday’s is usually when they invariably want staff, Tuesday’s also. Friday’s a a little.
Otherwise it can be ‘pot luck’

In ‘normal’ times it’s usually not possible to pay rent/mortgages on the basis os working for Angard.
Many staff are either retired, with a pension or have a day job.

Pay hasn’t risen since April 2019.
When a pay rise comes in, I ask the for the Tariff Sheet.
They happily send it out to those who ask
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

That’s correct - you need to work at least one shift a week. The rate goes up on your 13th payslip - if you have a week off it will take a week longer to reach the higher rate.

Be aware that any hours over 38 hours are classed as overtime and - crazily - are paid at a lower rate. So beware working a Sunday if that takes you over 38 hours coz that entire shift is allegedly paid at the lower overtime rate.
GiGiRose

Post by GiGiRose »

NW11851 wrote:1 You must do at least 1 shift per week
2 You can have gaps of up to 5 weeks but if you do this it will take approx 60 weeks to clamber to the higher rate.
3 The money may me on the Sunday night shifts but ANGARF staff only get those if
a) Your face fits
b) The MC is truly desperate (as they are at the moment)
C) Most Angard shifts are either 18:30 to 22:00 Monday to Friday. Or overnight.
d) Monday’s is usually when they invariably want staff, Tuesday’s also. Friday’s a a little.
Otherwise it can be ‘pot luck’

In ‘normal’ times it’s usually not possible to pay rent/mortgages on the basis os working for Angard.
Many staff are either retired, with a pension or have a day job.

Pay hasn’t risen since April 2019.
When a pay rise comes in, I ask the for the Tariff Sheet.
They happily send it out to those who ask
So helpful thanks! Made life easier, to 'just know'. 3a) Controversial, I really hope it's not like that with the JoinedUp system in place, or am I being naive?? :sad: I understand that the role is not enough for a normal income but will make the best out of a dire situation! Thanks again for sharing! :thumbup
GiGiRose

Post by GiGiRose »

Lockardian wrote:That’s correct - you need to work at least one shift a week. The rate goes up on your 13th payslip - if you have a week off it will take a week longer to reach the higher rate.

Be aware that any hours over 38 hours are classed as overtime and - crazily - are paid at a lower rate. So beware working a Sunday if that takes you over 38 hours coz that entire shift is allegedly paid at the lower overtime rate.
Good to know about the Sunday overtime clause, they really don't like giving out much it seems!
Lenzo123

Re: 12 Weeks Pay for Angard Workers

Post by Lenzo123 »

I had a car crash I couldn’t come for my 8th week, so I have to do my whole 8 weeks again??, plus I did put one day as holidays so I’m not really sure what’s going to happen
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

Lenzo123 wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 18:55
I had a car crash I couldn’t come for my 8th week, so I have to do my whole 8 weeks again??, plus I did put one day as holidays so I’m not really sure what’s going to happen
The holiday pauses the counter, but with taking a week off you'll probably have to do 13 weeks instead of 12 now.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Lenzo123 wrote:
You only go back to week one if you have a break of 6 weeks or more so any weeks you've already worked still count towards the 12 week total. It can take way longer than 12 weeks to actually qualify for AWR pay rates.
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

Lenzo123 wrote:
It was the case a few years back you had to work 13 consecutive weeks with a shift (s) in each week to qualify for the higher rates
I joined Angard in early Feb 2022
In the ANGARD FAQS:
"After 12 weeks service, rates will be matched to the equivalent permanent employee rate under Agency Worker Regulations".

In my ANGARD Mail Centre Rates document:
The pay rates displayed on this document are only applicable once 12 weeks of service have been completed, with a gap of no more than 6 calendar weeks.To maintain these higher rates of pay, candidates must NOT have had a break in service of more than 6 calendar weeks since they last worked.Any weeks where a candidate has not worked but has taken paid holiday, will not count as a break in service, but a pause in service.
Lenzo123

Post by Lenzo123 »

So my streak is still on then or is it 13 weeks
Thanks
tabact

Post by tabact »

A week only counts if you work a shift so the week you booked holiday doesn't count. It depends on what shifts you are offered in the future for how long it takes to complete 12 weeks. The weeks don't have to be consecutive, there can be up to 6 weeks between working a shift.
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

Lenzo123 wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 04:44
So my streak is still on then or is it 13 weeks
Thanks
Although with the way things are going with Rm needing to let go 10k staff you might not get to the 12 weeks