not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

NEW HERE - OWED A LOT OF MONEY FROM CHRISTMAS CASUAL WORK

27 Jan 2020, 12:47

I can’t view most topics, someone point me in the right direction please..because at this rate I’m going to have to take Royal Mail to tribunal, just to get paid.

I have sent off pay query forms, letters, emails, made phone calls and even gone back to the mail centre I worked at, but still over a month later I haven’t been paid?

Yet I’m still receiving payslips, albeit blank ones??
Which means they still have me on their payroll for what reason?

My biggest concern is, Holiday Pay will be paid out on the 31st, but this is accrued from hours worked, but these incompetent managers marked all my hours incorrectly which means, this will equally be incorrect for my holiday pay!

Somebody HELP

27 Jan 2020, 22:29

Moved to Angard forum mate.
The guys there should be able to help you.

28 Jan 2020, 11:54

Wasn’t actually employed via Angard, so not sure if that’s an issue or not. But it’s disgusting, tbh I know they gotta do whatever to hide from the taxman but seriously I have been underpaid in excess of £600. If they really believe that nobody is gonna chase it up they’re bonkers.

28 Jan 2020, 14:01

Try ACAS or the local CWU rep would be my advice.

28 Jan 2020, 22:21

This appears to be someone hired directly by Royal Mail to be a temporary Christmas Casual Worker. Not an agency worker and definitely not Angard.

This does not belong in the Angard forums but instead this is directly a Royal Mail hired issue and perhaps royal mail staff can be of help for this. Asking a local CWU rep will not help either as I am sure they do not know what the union is and they are not currently hired. Just wanting the correct payment for the christmas temporary work from their direct employer, Royal Mail.

I have no answers myself I am afraid. I have not needed to chase up missing or incorrect payments yet

29 Jan 2020, 03:19

You could also try going to your local MP's surgery. Sometimes a letter from an MP can get things moving.

30 Jan 2020, 12:43

Yes, that’s exactly the case. Directly hired via Royal Mail as Christmas Casual, it’s disgusting behaviour tbh. A lot of unlawful practices were being done also, I’m very sure higher board members would love to know how their staff had people working in minus temperatures because the building had no heating, or the fact that the Centre I worked at had a portaloo cabin INSIDE the building as our toilet facilities. - Not to mention there was not even a fridge for staff to bring food to store for their breaks, and it gets better no vending machine on site either.

For management to then cut shifts early at 4AM, when public transport isn’t even running? - THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG. Some people were genuinely waiting at a bus stop over an hour until the first bus was in service, even though our shift pattern was meant to be 22:00-06:00

But yeah I’ll take any advice that can be given to me. Thanks so far everyone

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1