not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Christmas/New Year Pay Arrangements

15 Dec 2019, 11:09

Angard staff may or may not have received this email last week:

Dear......

We are writing to let you know about some small changes to pay that will be necessary during the Christmas period. The changes are temporary and are the result of the way that Christmas Day and New Years Day fall this year, meaning we are unable to process all hours in the normal way.

For avoidance of doubt

• We will be paying all hours worked between Monday 16 December (6am) to Friday 20 December (6am) on Friday 27 December.
• We will be paying all hours worked between Friday 20 December (6am) to Monday 23 December (6am) on Friday 3 January.
• We will be paying all hours worked between Monday 23 December (6am) to Friday 27 December (6am) on Friday 3 January.
• We will be paying all hours worked between Friday 27 December (6am) to Monday 30 December (6am) on Friday 10 January.

Our process returns to normal for all hours worked from Monday 30 December (6am) to Monday 6 January (6am). Hours in this week are paid on Friday 10 January.

If you have any questions about this process please email our payroll team in the first instance and they will be happy to answer your questions. Our payroll team’s email address is angardpayroll.queries@reedglobal.com.

With thanks

The Angard Team

So:

Friday 27 December - pay for Mon 16th Dec 6am until Fri 20th Dec 6am (in reality probably all or part of Sun 15th nightshift to all or part of Thursday 19th nightshift)
Friday 3 January - pay for Fri 20th Dec 6am until Fri 27th Dec 6am (probably all or part of Thu 20th’s nightshift to part or all of Boxing Day’s nightshift)
Fri 10 Jan - pay for Fri 27th Dec 6am to Sun 5th Jan 6am (probably part or all of Boxing Day’s nightshift to part of all of Sunday 5th Jan nightshift).

Although officially we are supposed to paid from 6am Monday to 6am Monday, I find the cutoff is normally Sunday midnight and all or part of Sunday’s nightshift hours are paid a week late, hence I say “part or all of xxx nightshift” above. Hopefully my summary has made things clearer and not more confusing!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1