ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Complainants v Angard / royal mail

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

NW11851 wrote:I understand that the case is due to be held in mid-2020.
By any chance do you have any more information on this?
My grievance was sent from Reed Global to Royal Mail in Aug regarding unpaid Christmas bonus and unpaid breaks
RM has not contacted me
So any information you've got would be appreciated

Thanks
Paul

NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Hi

"The claim will be held by an Employment Judge at Montague Court 101 London Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2RF, on Friday, 1st May, 2020, at 10:00 am.....".

Irwin Mitchell: "On 7 August 2019 we wrote to the London South Employment Tribunal to make an application for the above matter to be transferred to the Leeds Employment Tribunal and consolidated with the following claims: Miss Raczynska & 51 Ors – v (1) Angard Staffing Solutions Limited & (2) Royal Mail Group Limited (case numbers: 1800275/2019 & 51 Ors)".

Regrettably, I have no further information.

You could try contacting Irwin MItchell direct: Shazia Khan, Direct Dial: 0207 4008746, shazia.khan@irwinmitchell.com
40 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1N 2PZ.

Hope that helps.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

NW11851 wrote:Hi

"The claim will be held by an Employment Judge at Montague Court 101 London Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2RF, on Friday, 1st May, 2020, at 10:00 am.....".

Irwin Mitchell: "On 7 August 2019 we wrote to the London South Employment Tribunal to make an application for the above matter to be transferred to the Leeds Employment Tribunal and consolidated with the following claims: Miss Raczynska & 51 Ors – v (1) Angard Staffing Solutions Limited & (2) Royal Mail Group Limited (case numbers: 1800275/2019 & 51 Ors)".

Regrettably, I have no further information.

You could try contacting Irwin MItchell direct: Shazia Khan, Direct Dial: 0207 4008746, shazia.khan@irwinmitchell.com
40 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1N 2PZ.

Hope that helps.
Thifs

Check your payslips Angard employee

Post by Thifs »

Always check your payslip as they always add the hours up and say is correct and never had a explication.They sent back in April new table of hourly rates so please check it as they do not pay correct. This summer we got hundres of pounds in our accounts from the underpaid wages. Dont be fooled by the money as you should always get more. Many people do not know how to check if they paid correct and just take what they have been giving. If I go back to check every payslip I am sure I will get a few thousands together. I will have to get to the HR department this people are taking from our hard work.
Thifs

Post by Thifs »

I am an Angard employee for few years now. As casual we are treated very bad from management and Royal Mail staff. Just because we casuals we treared as slaves, bullied on a daily bases, humiliated, harrassed, discriminated something that Royal Mail says they are against.

We have no one to talk to, no one who can defend us, we have to stay and take their abuse. Favourism its on No.1 list if you Asian you get in no matter you hard working or not, any other nation has no chance or you have to have intimate relationship with managers which is like a walk in the park everybody know is happening and no one is doing anything about it.

We want same rights like Royal Mail people, we want someone to listen to us and help with any issues. Angard always pay us wrong and no one is listening. They book us and when we nearly at work send message that its been cancel, if they do that we should be paid for it as we make our way to work and waste time and money on transport.
Why we dont have right to break if we work 4hours? Royal Mail staff they have 30min break why we treated any different? We not humans like everybody else???
This needs to stop and put an end to it. We are casuals human beings not casuals robots. We have feelings and emotions, we have families that we need to provide for them, how we are any different than anyone else in Royal Mail?

Yours sincerly,

Angard Employee
Failureisnotanoption

Post by Failureisnotanoption »

I was 3 years plus with Angard/Rm till I left early this year. Nothing changes and never will I now have a full time job with contracted hours and am happy. that part of my working life there is behind me. Just a bad memory with Angard/Rm unpaid breaks. Cancelled shifts. Rude telephone staff. That’s just Angard . the RM are a disgrace ruthless money grabbing management at all levels treating casuals as animals with disrespect and uncaring attitudes. It will never change unless zero hours is stopped it works for some but at what cost. I can’t think of one positive thing I have took away from my time there. Maybe if the litigation case against them goes in the casuals favour and they have a massive pay out to 60 plus people it will shake them up. But there arrogance knows no bounds otherwise they would have settled out of court and brushed it under the carpet. I hope one day it all comes out
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Thifs: At Gatwick MC we have an Evening ShudtvManaher whose wife/partner is on every evening shift.

Now we have his stepson/her son recently started who, also seems to appear on every Evening Shift.

CWU are believed to have made complaints ‘upstairs’ to senior management about nepotism/possible corruption - to no avail.

As long as the work gets done, they don’t care by whom.

Meanwhile Angard continue to spout the rubbish that they try to treat all their staff equally and ensure everyone gets the same number of shifts.

RM Management are, in some cases, a joke.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

NW11851 wrote:Thifs: At Gatwick MC we have an Evening ShudtvManaher whose wife/partner is on every evening shift.

Now we have his stepson/her son recently started who, also seems to appear on every Evening Shift.

CWU are believed to have made complaints ‘upstairs’ to senior management about nepotism/possible corruption - to no avail.

As long as the work gets done, they don’t care by whom.

Meanwhile Angard continue to spout the rubbish that they try to treat all their staff equally and ensure everyone gets the same number of shifts.

RM Management are, in some cases, a joke.
At our Mail Centre we've introduced https://www.joinedup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - supposedly reduce or stop direct booking by managers (I doubt it)
Although to be fair they do seem random up to a point - if you are completely flexible e.g will work any day the system does seem to favour you
Thifs

Re: Complainants v Angard / royal mail

Post by Thifs »

Why are we talking on here instead of taking it public to show to the world how we are treated. Moaning about it it will not solve the situation, actions will do.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thifs wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 18:12
Why are we talking on here instead of taking it public to show to the world how we are treated. Moaning about it it will not solve the situation, actions will do.
You never know it may help. The head honcho of Royal Mail, and therefore Angard, mention this site regularly, so either he or his team are visiting the site on a fairly regular basis.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 09:25
Thifs wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 18:12
You never know it may help. The head honcho of Royal Mail, and therefore Angard, mention this site regularly, so either he or his team are visiting the site on a fairly regular basis.
Thought Royal Mail sold Angard to Reed Global?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

double-checked https://www.angardstaffing.co.uk/
Angard Staffing, established in 2011, is the dedicated recruitment partner for Royal Mail and is part of the Royal Mail Group.
The Reed sites seem to indicate that they are the 3rd group in the chain, as in they are subcontracted by Angard to recruit for RM casuals. https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/angard-recruitment/p30262
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
tabact

Post by tabact »

Payslips state Royal Mail Group and the registered address is Royal Mail Group.
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/05770579
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

Interesting. Wonder why their texts said Reed Global then.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by paulus103 »

If things haven't changed Angard is owned by Royal Mail but as a functioning company, it doesn't exist.
One of the main agencies that run Angard is Reed.

There are some good people working for Reed and some terrible ones. The good ones tend to be become area leads.

Does get a bit messy when other recruitment firms get involved.