not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Compensation for cancelled shifts...

19 Jul 2019, 19:13

Angard will soon have to compensate staff for cancelled shifts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49046406

:Very Happy :dance :Very Happy :dance
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 20 Jul 2019, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link now clickable

19 Jul 2019, 19:34

intelligentsia wrote:Angard will soon have to compensate staff for cancelled shifts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49046406

:Very Happy :dance :Very Happy :dance

It'll probably end up with RM not booking any Angard in advance and just booking them on the day so whoever's quickest to call Angard or pick up the phone will get the shifts

19 Jul 2019, 20:00

Have only had two shifts cancelled since I started nearly seven months back now, was talking to a lady this week who’d had half a dozen binned in the last month alone though, it’s really not on.

19 Jul 2019, 20:29

I actually saw this article just now and shared with a few of my Angard Colleagues saying pretty much the same things here :chuckle

I've had perhaps 20 cancelled shifts in almost two years including one this week. What I wonder though is what is defined as "Cancelled at short notice"? Is that 2 hours? 6 hours? I tend to be cancelled 6-10 hours earlier and I cannot recall what the shortest notification has been without going through allllll the confirmation and cancellation texts I've had.

Might be worth reading through some of the comments on the BBC article itself too if you scroll down the article and find the button.
One example:
"2. Posted bySnowyDayon
5 hours ago
"Under proposals, they could receive the full value of the shift cancelled or three times the hourly minimum wage for each hour cancelled"
But how would this be enforced ? Zero hours contract staff have no bargaining power. In practice I suspect they won't receive work if they were to claim.
"

19 Jul 2019, 20:47

This is the key point isn’t it - there’s already a long list of things we should be entitled to we don’t get because we don’t want to rock the boat. I mean at our place a RM cleaner has to wait with us to be let in because her pass broke and RM haven’t replaced it, so what hope for us casuals? After 12 weeks we’re meant to be treated similarly to our RM counterparts? But it just doesn’t happen, and who’s going to risk complaining to Angard when they decide if we get the opportunity to work or not?

25 Jul 2019, 07:46

Cancelled shifts used to happen all the time. On one occasion, I was block booked for 5 weeks of shifts at 3 a week - that’s 15 shifts - and each one was cancelled at a few hours notice. Yet we are penalised if we don’t adhere to the minimum cancellation period, which for a Sunday shift is 6pm Friday!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1