not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Shift availability/times

13 Jul 2019, 14:18

I’ve finally been starting to get text messages from angard regarding available shifts. 3 in one week intact.

All 3 of these shifts have been 9:00 - 14:00 and unfortunately I was at my other job on all 3 occasions so couldn’t do them.

My question then is this; do you only receive text messages during the working week and in working hours while angard are open for business? (i.e 9 till 5) ... or will they contact you at night or at the weekends also?

Many thanks in advance

Shift availability/times

13 Jul 2019, 21:22

Usually they will book you in advance for nights but depends on the mount of work In your mail centre also for weekend shifts they will call you to be put down on the standby list for Manger’s.

Shift availability/times

13 Jul 2019, 23:14

Earliest I’ve had a text was 8.20am, the latest about 7pm, a few times lately they’ve called to book me in, now and then they’ll book us for more than one shift, that’s usually only at busy times and/or if RM staff are on leave (I know a lot at my place are off next week and as it stands I’ve got 3 nights booked in).

Shift availability/times

27 Jul 2019, 14:35

can someone please help me. i had my induction on wednesday and it was fairly easy we just sorted the post out but i have no idea who my manager is ? nor how much i get paid how do i find out this info. also i’ve had two text messages for shift but unfortunately was latwbto reply so they’ve been taken so any tips on how to get shifts ???? pls Help i’ve hard some people have their managers number and are able to get shifts like that how can i do this ?

Shift availability/times

27 Jul 2019, 18:35

richardganscy wrote: i’ve hard some people have their managers number and are able to get shifts like that how can i do this ?

work very hard & fast and dont be treating it as a social event, you'll get spotted eventually and they'll take your number.
Stay on for 5/10 mins extra if needed to finish off & never moan or roll your eyes if you get asked to go portering or cut & tip bags etc just crack on with it.

Shift availability/times

27 Jul 2019, 18:38

2chorizon wrote:
richardganscy wrote: i’ve hard some people have their managers number and are able to get shifts like that how can i do this ?

work very hard & fast and dont be treating it as a social event, you'll get spotted eventually and they'll take your number.
Stay on for 5/10 mins extra if needed to finish off & never moan or roll your eyes if you get asked to go portering or cut & tip bags etc just crack on with it.

okay thank you i will do that. i also don’t knkw who my manager is
bc the person that lead the induction said he was only just ‘training us’ so how would i find or who my manager is

Shift availability/times

28 Jul 2019, 20:46

You’ll get to know the shift managers as you go but you shouldn’t be getting their contact details or anything - you book shifts through Angard and each mail centre should have a dedicated agent. If RM managers are calling people in that’s wrong. You really need to have your phone on you at all times, as soon as you get a text call the number, you can ring them directly (the number’s on the website) and ask for work but it’s frowned upon.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1