not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Current pay rates?

05 May 2019, 07:54

Hi,
I live in Warrington, where someone told me that they pay about £17 per hour at RM's warehouse. I was skeptical about it. So this morning I had visited the place and talked to the security personnel at the reception who said that Angard indeed pays £17-18 per hour and that at the moment no one is working inside, they start at 6am. I've seen some cars in the car park, though. I am obviously still skeptical... What are the actual pay rates? I could not find any other clue for this high pay rate except these two persons' words.

Current pay rates?

05 May 2019, 08:11

only ever heard of that kind of money paid to Angard employees for Sunday shifts

Current pay rates?

05 May 2019, 15:28

ennabee wrote:only ever heard of that kind of money paid to Angard employees for Sunday shifts

Is there a regular 8-hour long shift on every Sunday with such a pay rate?

Current pay rates?

05 May 2019, 18:03

polarka wrote:
ennabee wrote:only ever heard of that kind of money paid to Angard employees for Sunday shifts

Is there a regular 8-hour long shift on every Sunday with such a pay rate?

There are RM staff doing an 8 hour shift on a Sunday ie. "Weekend Staff" (Friday to Monday) but none to my knowledge get as much as the £17 plus an hour that I used to as an Angard worker ( though for a shorter shift usually). Now if do Sunday as a "regular" the rate is around £14 -£14.50 per hour which is the same as the full night shift rate.

Current pay rates?

05 May 2019, 20:04

I’ve attached the Gatwick MC Rate Card.

Just to give you an idea. It depends on age bands, lengths of service etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Current pay rates?

07 May 2019, 16:49

Those rates are the old night shift rates (before April 2019)
The new night rates are between 16/17 but now we get paid for breaks.
On a Sunday night shift we get almost £22/h

Current pay rates?

07 May 2019, 21:44

My error - apologies.
Please find attached the current grid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Current pay rates?

10 May 2019, 10:23

Thank you very much. As I can see it applies after 12 weeks of employment. I guess until then they pay less.

I read that in reviews 40hrs/week is not guaranteed. Is that true?

I also read that one may not work 8 or more hours in a shift. Now looking at the table you shared, I am not sure how things work usually. Could I work from 8PM to 2AM? Or am I allowed to work from 8PM to 530AM?

Current pay rates?

10 May 2019, 18:42

polarka wrote:Thank you very much. As I can see it applies after 12 weeks of employment. I guess until then they pay less.

I read that in reviews 40hrs/week is not guaranteed. Is that true?

I also read that one may not work 8 or more hours in a shift. Now looking at the table you shared, I am not sure how things work usually. Could I work from 8PM to 2AM? Or am I allowed to work from 8PM to 530AM?

Honestly, you don't get to ask them for what shifts you want to do. They contact you about available shifts upon which you accept it after calling them back (You get a text from Angard informing you of the shift opportunity).
I've done a few 10pm to 6am shifts but usually I get 2230-0600 as a maximum shift with 40 minute break somewhere or the shortest I've had was 0100-0600 with a 30 minute break somewhere.

Not long until I hit the 12 months on AWR to get the 2nd highest pay rate :dance Been lucky to get at least 1 shift a week to keep the clock on that 12 month streak running. Typically, you get 1-3 shifts a week as Angard claims they try to give all angard agents a fair chance for shifts and equalise them around. Shift allocations increase (I had several 5 shifts a week personally) shortly before Black Friday hits in November all the way until second or third week of January.

Don't expect a lot of shifts but the pay is nice once you achieve AWR after 12 continuous weeks of work. Try to get to know the royal mail staff, your angard colleagues and the management to see how you like the job if you decide to go for Angard agent. :thumbup

Current pay rates?

10 May 2019, 19:32

The Mon-Fri night rate at our mail centre’s about £14, pre 12 weeks it’s £8.60. Most of us employed through Angard are lucky if we get two shifts a week, had 10 in the last 4 weeks which is decent but it’s largely ‘cause of Easter and the bank holiday, expecting a quieter few weeks now.

Current pay rates?

11 May 2019, 23:47

Thank you for sharing your experiences guys.

Current pay rates?

19 May 2019, 10:44

NW11851 wrote:My error - apologies.
Please find attached the current grid.

Day Shift start & finish between 05:31 - 19:59 £11.65 per hour multiplied by 38 = £442.74 per week which is the same as an R.M. employee.

The grid says after 26 weeks a rise to £12.23 p/h & after 52 weeks a rise to £12.81 p/h (58 pence each time).
Any idea what these two rises would relate to?

Current pay rates?

19 May 2019, 13:45

Length of Service. There’s another increase after 5 years - if you last that long.

Current pay rates?

19 May 2019, 15:28

NW11851 wrote:Length of Service. There’s another increase after 5 years - if you last that long.

That would mean an Angard employee would be on a higher basic equivalent hourly rate as stated in the example I have given.

My existing rate (R.M. employee) since pay rise October 2018 £11.65 per hour multiplied by 38 = £442.74 per week.

Angard; after 26 weeks £12.23 x 38 (hours) = £464.74
after 52 weeks £12.81 x 38 = £486.78

Current pay rates?

19 May 2019, 15:33

get more than the people out in all weathers delivering all the stuff.. strange...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2