not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 14:05

toonlad2 wrote:my payrate has dropped by £1.30 a hour on the plus side im payed for the full 8 hour nightshift theres no breaks taken off,on negative side the pension they have taken off is quite large in comparison to other weeks

So nights is down £1:30 hr?

I was close with my calcs then

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 14:16

toonlad2 wrote:my payrate has dropped by £1.30 a hour on the plus side im payed for the full 8 hour nightshift theres no breaks taken off,on negative side the pension they have taken off is quite large in comparison to other weeks

That sounds about right. I've just been trying to figure out how much a late shift rate may drop and worked it out to a £1.26 drop, maybe more. I'm waiting for somebody to text me with the new figure once they look at their payslip. Most shifts I normally work are short and have always been paid in full so I will lose out. The drop on the hourly rate will be calculated on a 38 hour week which most of us never achieve.

Pension contributions have gone up to 5%.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 14:53

As i alluded to in an earlier post, if you like to do all the hours and earn then this is a real hit to earning potential.

it wont be made up for by being paid 45mins for a break
(paid at the new lower rate)

Pay is now likely parity with RM full timers,

what a bummer. :-(
Last edited by 2chorizon on 10 Apr 2019, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 17:00

Another point someone pointed out to me is, by being paid for breaks then the overtime cut off ceiling will be reached sooner
so the overtime rates will drop sooner than they presently do

ie you'll hit 40 hrs in 5 days (8hrs x 5)
instead of 7.15hrs x 5 as currently with breaks deducted)
Last edited by 2chorizon on 10 Apr 2019, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 17:21

Overtime pay now kicks in at 38 hours as opposed to 34h40m previously.

I have my new rate card (except it is missing the Sunday nightshift rate). Generally speaking rates are down by £1-£1.25 per hour for weekdays and about £1.50-£1.80 per hour for Sundays. Doing the maths I’ll be either a quid or so better or worse off depending on the length of the shift.

Holiday pay is now 13.29% and 13.79% after 5 years service.

Where I’ll feel the hit is silly little 3 or 4 hour shifts where I normally wouldn’t get/take a break. We may now get a break but it won’t change the fact I’ll take home less for those shifts.

Been paid my holiday this week - and should whinge about it elsewhere - but it’s not 12.07% of my gross pay for last year. I deducted any holiday payments but I’m still £60 short. All the back money (underpay from cockups and pay rises) should surely be included in their calcs as last year’s holiday payment would have been based on the rates paid before the uplift. There’s always summat....

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 17:42

Looking through my rate card it's between £1.22 & £1.71 per hour less. Not getting any shifts currently but in the busier periods will be about £30 a week worse off as most of my weekday shifts were short.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 18:14

My £15.28 rate fir 17:15 - 22:15 shift is now £14.06
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 18:46

NW11851 wrote:My £15.28 rate fir 17:15 - 22:15 shift is now £14.06

My pay for that shift would be £13.14; previously £14.20. Nights were £15.47 and are now £14.25. Biggest drop is for a Sunday nightshift - was £21.58, now £19.87 (I think, it’s missing off the rate card I was sent).

They have removed the increase after 5 years service (which was only a few pence anyway, presumably to compensate for the extra holiday entitlement RM staff get after this time). Our holiday entitlement goes up by 0.5% then instead.

I’m still concerned that due to fluctuating finish times, we won’t get the same amount of breaks as Royal Mail staff. If RM staff get a grace break/discretionary break every nightshift (so basically get an hour instead of the 40 minute entitlement), should we get that too? At the moment we aren’t even getting the 40 minutes (unless this has changed since my last nightshift).

EDIT: I notice your Sunday night rate is also missing. Is this something they have overlooked, or a formatting error on the spreadsheets?

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 19:05

Hi
Is that Gatwick MC pdf soreadsheet london specific or are those rates the same for the rest of the country?

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 20:17

Sorry, no idea about any other MC Rate Cards

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 21:25

NW11851 wrote:Sorry, no idea about any other MC Rate Cards

I'm about £1.25 less in weekdays and about £2.08 on Sunday in a couple of Northern mail centres
Last edited by paulus103 on 10 Apr 2019, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 21:26

paulus103 wrote:
NW11851 wrote:Sorry, no idea about any other MC Rate Cards

I'm about £1.25 less in weekdays and about £1.50 on Sunday in a couple of Northern mail centres

I'm including the 2% "pay rise" in that

Some future changes

10 Apr 2019, 23:36

Lets face it

The 1st april 2% pay rise was going to add 30 pence per hour to all those fantastical rates

they just couldnt have that

so cooked up a way of cutting pay rates that'd buy them a few more years

Kocur & Roberts won their appeal but gave the green light for a rate cut for everyone

Some future changes

11 Apr 2019, 09:25

2chorizon wrote:Lets face it

The 1st april 2% pay rise was going to add 30 pence per hour to all those fantastical rates

they just couldnt have that

so cooked up a way of cutting pay rates that'd buy them a few more years

Kocur & Roberts won their appeal but gave the green light for a rate cut for everyone

Not sure about the green light - more that this was out there in public domain and people seeing this was an option.
I know people are discussing it our mail centre following the drastic reduction of shifts following a re-alignment - I know one guy is going through the local MP

I am really surprised that they handled it so poorly and provided such misleading information in the initial email e.g. you may not see the 2% pay rise???
In reality, not only do we not see the pay rise we actually also see £1+ per hour pay cut

If you speak to them on the phone they really don't like the words "pay cut"

Some future changes

11 Apr 2019, 09:44

Just been looking through the new figures for my MC (same as Gatwick) and it's only on shifts over 6 hours that you lose out slightly. The shorter the shift the more you are in front if a 30 minute break was previously deducted. The worse shift is what I normally do 4 hours where we always got paid in full. I'll see my money drop £4.88 per shift and I usually managed to take an unofficial 20 minute break anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3