not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Over booking shifts

13 Feb 2019, 00:40

I can only work 2 shifts a week because I am a Carer for my daughter, but because of the many cancellations I try to book 3 shifts in case 1 gets cancelled, then cancel the last one.
Is this common practice also what are the repercussions?

Over booking shifts

13 Feb 2019, 09:28

Angard can cancel shifts 15 mins before they are about to start.

If a worker dares cancel a shift they are interrogated for reasons and it will go down as a black mark on your account.

Be careful.

Over booking shifts

13 Feb 2019, 12:29

dancingqueen wrote:Angard can cancel shifts 15 mins before they are about to start.

If a worker dares cancel a shift they are interrogated for reasons and it will go down as a black mark on your account.

Be careful.

As above Angard can cancel shifts left , right and center whenever the please , but when you dare to cancel even with many hours notice you can expect to be put on the naughty list.
Best to try getting a sympathetic consultant and explain your situation .
:thumbup

Over booking shifts

13 Feb 2019, 14:00

Exact situation I’m in now

Over booking shifts

13 Feb 2019, 16:44

As the others have said it's not a good move to cancel shifts frequently. If you keep cancelling shifts you'll be considered unreliable and they will eventually stop contacting you.

Over booking shifts

20 Feb 2019, 16:30

Tuesday and Wednesday cancelled by Angard, no work this week. What a shambles.
Yet you hang on the line for next weeks shifts.
How can anybody call this a job.

Over booking shifts

21 Feb 2019, 22:16

Missed a 12-6.30 night shift offer Monday, apparently they got sent home at 4.45. Worked 10.30-6.30 Tuesday night and they were calling people in at 11.15 'cause they were short. Last week I got nothing, the week before I worked 3 nights. Very hit and miss. Didn't notice anyone new in this week so guessing most of the folk on the inductions last month haven't stuck it out.

Over booking shifts

21 Feb 2019, 23:00

I've had 10:30pm to 6am twice a week for three weeks in a row. Apparently even that is more than most seem to be getting at my Mail Centre. Parcel Sorting Machine plus the upcoming Realignment of Duties in Processing in multiple locations (no 100% certain information on which or all Processing locations will do this) is throwing everything into the air at the moment. Not to mention the current culture visits going on around the country haha.

We'll see what happens whenever these settle down

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1