not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Free for all ...

11 Feb 2019, 22:40

Since Christmas , looks like the 'waiting for a text' policy is out of the window , keep trying until you get through and book multiple shifts in , however shift cancellations have gone through the roof also . Many AWR colleagues are using holidays to stop falling into the 6 week penalty . I've had nothing for 3 weeks now and Im not the only one. RM seem to be recruiting more and more permanent staff , Angards days look numbered if you ask me .

Free for all ...

12 Feb 2019, 09:21

Why don’t they transfer the Angard staff?
After all, they already employ them indirectly.

Free for all ...

12 Feb 2019, 10:08

Don't know .
Fair few of the 'full timers' arent interested and basically do as much skyving in as they can !
I just get the feeling that Angard are slowly but surely getting the heave-ho .

Free for all ...

12 Feb 2019, 13:12

Can you tell me about the 6 week penalty please.

Free for all ...

12 Feb 2019, 16:11

Gimmeabreak wrote:Can you tell me about the 6 week penalty please.

If you have a break of more than 6 weeks without a shift, you will automatically go back to min wage and have to start your 12 weeks again.
You can use holidays to pause the 6 week gap but only a shift will reset it.
:thumbup

Free for all ...

12 Feb 2019, 16:13

Gimmeabreak wrote:Can you tell me about the 6 week penalty please.

If you go 6 weeks without a shift you lose AWR status and go back to minimum wage or whatever Angard are paying as a base rate now. If you are getting close to losing AWR you can pause the 6 weeks by booking a minimum of 4 hours holiday in a week as a safety net if you don't get a shift. This falls apart in April when they pay out any outstanding holiday pay from the holiday year just finished and suddenly you don't have any holiday to pause the 6 week clock if you don't get any shifts.

Free for all ...

13 Feb 2019, 19:36

They seem to offer 2/3 night shifts a week at my mail centre on a regular basis but there's no telling when the text will go out, last week I was sleeping the morning after a shift and missed their text by 10 minutes, obviously the shifts had gone by the time I'd called. They'll often put texts out asking folk to go on standby or for the odd person to cover here and there (especially on Fridays) but it's not easy to plan your life round that obviously.

There's 120 Angard staff at my mail centre apparently which seems daft, there's usually only about 20-25 in on a night shift and it's mostly the same faces, not sure why RM can't employ say 40 folk directly and just divvy up the work between us. Can't understand why you'd want to be constantly recruiting casuals, showing them the ropes, risking them screwing up (missorts and missed targets were a big issue last week) only for them to jack it in after a week as I'm sure many do.

Free for all ...

13 Feb 2019, 20:08

Taking people on as RM workers is a lot more expensive for them compared to using Angard workers.

Free for all ...

13 Feb 2019, 20:40

Constantly recruiting, inducting, training, seems a waste of time and money to me. How much does this impact on performance too? Just seems like a race to the bottom, with the inevitable consequences.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1