not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

What will it take for changes to be made?

07 Feb 2019, 19:35

I give up! Seriously, is this the worst company in Britain? Surely nothing else could possibly be this demoralising.
How is it possible that this obvious favouritism and inequality is legal? Nothing ever changes, it just gets more blatant.
Angard - do you not understand that the lives of real people are effected by your actions? Is this all some sick joke?

07 Feb 2019, 19:53

Nothing will change until those at the top are affected, like being personally liable and unable to hide behind company solicitors. You would hear the collective sphincter giving way as far away as Mars.

07 Feb 2019, 20:56

I've been with Angard about a year now. I am still waiting on information regarding Christmas Bonus pay being pro rata (for November 2018 up to end of christmas work period) and if we get paid anything or the issues about AWR qualified agents having unpaid breaks even though an EAT found that unpaid breaks were not allowed to happen. Not to mention information regarding the swipe cards for Angard even if its just to the AWR qualified members. Its pretty cold waiting outside the doors as people with swipe cards wander in and out because Angard agents have to wait for sign in sheets before we get to go inside.
I've been issued the "we are aware of these issues and will pass your request up the chain" a few times but so have several other people in the past few weeks on various threads. It's been interesting reading threads for the months I've been lurking as a forum user here and being informed & empowered to make decisions and ask the right questions to the right people.

Its just getting the answers to my questions from the right people that is the problem :nana I am already a member of the CWU and my rep has been amazing but even Reps have problems getting in contact with the people who run Angard/Reed Global just like we do.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon with all the rumours of realignments happening at Mail Centres happening soon and that no more Employee Tribunals need to be brought out by other people to get Angard agents the support we need. I personally am not wanting to go that far as its mainly a lot of quality of life changes to make Angard staff feel better. Mainly

07 Feb 2019, 23:10

I have been Angard for a couple of years.

I have tried my best but I can't get any answer to paid/unpaid break times for various shifts as a AWR worker.

08 Feb 2019, 15:25

Hi everyone first post.
I worked 0200 - 0630 twice last week so 9 hours in total and we were offered no break . Angard only paid 8.5 in total. So we lost money for a break we didn’t get.
Same shifts this week and straight off I asked a manager about our break no answer, another manager said take it at the end which I duly did but the other Angard guys just stayed on.

08 Feb 2019, 22:18

Im ex - Angard 4 years there till I left recently. Thought the 2-6 shift was 4 hours you don’t get a break on it and you should be paid for the 4 hours you work no stoppages it was brought in as a cover shift as a lot of RM staff finish at 2/3 o’clock in morning so as it’s only 4 hours they expect you to work for 4 hours without a break.

09 Feb 2019, 22:48

Regarding your comments about meal breaks, I am not clear on Angard's rules but once you have done the 12 weeks qualification period to become "AWR Certified" (which is Agency Worker Regulations and you can find out all kinds of information here: http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=6493), meal breaks are then equal to the Royal Mail permanent contract workers in your workplace. If you do not understand the qualification process, the link provided also explains how you work that out.

I DO know that once you are AWR Certified, you are supposed to get the same breaks as the Royal Mail staff around you. Whenever I work 7 and a half hour to 8 hour shift, I get 40 minutes break. If I do 5-7 hours, I get 30 minutes. Before I was AWR certified, I was not given a break but had the 30 minutes deducted from my pay. You can view the image below provided by POSTMAN on these forums on https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22175

I've only worked at a Mail Centre and never a Delivery Office so I do not know if the same applies to DO's but I imagine that Royal Mail treat their staff equally regarding meal breaks so it should trickle down to effect Angard Staffing agents too like us.

Once again, not happy about our breaks being unpaid. You can read up information regarding what Employment Tribunals have found to be lacking in the treatment of Angard Staffing agents over at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5c38792ae5274a70c19d904b/Mr_D_Kocur_and_Ms_C_Roberts_V_Angard_Staffing_Solutions_Limited_and_Royal_Mail_Group_Limited-_1805244.2018_and_1805245.2018_Final.pdf and https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a8ffe08e5274a5e64c54726/Mr_D_Kocur_v_1__Angard_Staffing_Solutions_Ltd_2__Royal_Mail_Group_Ltd_UKEAT_0181_17_BA.pdf.

If you know of any other Employee Tribunals or precedents in the equality of Angard Staffing agents, feel free to let us know here :wave

10 Feb 2019, 17:43

Wouldn't it be so easy for Angard to provide a simple table for AWR workers which said:

length of shift and then paid/unpaid breaks.

Why can't they do this ?

I have tried for months to get this info without any success.

11 Feb 2019, 19:03

Thanks for the information on breaks - I will take a copy

11 Feb 2019, 19:17

I do think Angards days are numbered - in our mail centre I understand 30+ RM part time staff are being recruited once the interview process is completed.
Once those staff come on board I think the need for any Angard staff will massively reduce - I can't see any need for Angard on mornings or evenings - maybe some on Sat and a few on nights.
This job hire is combined with a realignment of staffing which again will affect Angard staffing levels.

Getting information from Angard about anything is nigh on impossible - I can only assume this is a deliberate policy.
Any awkward questions they either ignore or say discussions with relevant 3rd parties is ongoing.

Their position seems to be untenable on breaks, Christmas bonus and access to building but they won't engage on resolving these problems e.g as it will involve spending money.

I really don't understand however why Angard is still recruiting as it just seems so unneeded.

I think they are playing for time hoping people will leave or give up.

12 Feb 2019, 04:07

95% of us are getting about 3 shifts a month - but of course I walk in today to see another group of new angard staff being inducted :crazy:
How. The. f**k. Is. This. Legal.

15 Feb 2019, 21:39

543212345 wrote:95% of us are getting about 3 shifts a month - but of course I walk in today to see another group of new angard staff being inducted :crazy:
How. The. f**k. Is. This. Legal.

I've only been at my mail centre about a year and I've lost count of how many new faces joined Angard as an agent for a few shifts before never appearing again. I like to think they have taken different shift patterns rather than sticking to night shifts like I do but we never know.
I would love to know how many Angard agents are currently in the rotation for my Mail Centre but I doubt I can get access to that information nor is it really going to change anything for me.

My consultant informed me this morning that "We are currently in the middle of an incredibly quiet period at the Royal Mail coming out of the other end of Christmas time." so who knows how many shifts people are gonna get next week. I also saw that the realignment rumours are spinning more and more since this I saw this thread open up today. https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89886 I won't pretend that I understand it completely but it looks like things could be changing at several processing locations soon but no specific dates seem to be mentioned.

16 Feb 2019, 00:45

During a recent conversation with an Angard Manager, it was key slip that their text messages go out to 200 staff for my MC.

Whether thay is their total pool of staff, I don’t know.

I do know that they continue to recruit new staff

22 Feb 2019, 17:42

Xeonus, just read the realignment document, it may as well be written in Chinese , for what I could understand, can you elaborate any or explain in Laymans turns what this might mean for Angard workers . Thanks

22 Feb 2019, 17:56

jono481 wrote:Xeonus, just read the realignment document, it may as well be written in Chinese , for what I could understand, can you elaborate any or explain in Laymans turns what this might mean for Angard workers . Thanks

I asked a few fulltime OPGs to explain the realignment information on the link to me earlier this week and they also didn't understand it either. I guess this is something to ask a CWU rep about or if you are on good speaking terms with a royal mail staff, ask them about any realignment rumours yourself :chuckle
Sorry I couldn't help Jono481 or maybe someone else who browses this thread could help us in deciphering what https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89886 is talking about?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2