not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE



Finally left the hell behind

25 Jan 2019, 21:32

I have finally left the hell that is Angard / Royal Mail after numerous years at my MC I just gave up. I just about got enough shifts over Xmas. since the new year nearly nothing. with a new intake of cheap ex Xmas casuals starting anytime soon I have just had enough of the s**t Even thou I am very experienced there was just no point in staying any longer there trying to get rid of long term Angard in my humble opinion anyway . I don’t blame Angard fully the mail call the shots and use Angard to take the flak. I won’t miss waiting around for texts or the line going dead and the dreaded There are no shifts available bollocks. majority of staff at my MC were good people but some long term institutialized mail staff don’t like casuals and look down on them as not good enough but it’s ok for them to slack and take the piss and the managers do nothing that use to annoy the hell out of me . when jobs come up they overlook quality experienced Angard staff constantly. The Royal Mail needs to change and fast . :wave

Finally left the hell behind

26 Jan 2019, 00:11

Failureisnotanoption wrote:I have finally left the hell that is Angard / Royal Mail after numerous years at my MC I just gave up. I just about got enough shifts over Xmas. since the new year nearly nothing. with a new intake of cheap ex Xmas casuals starting anytime soon I have just had enough of the s**t Even thou I am very experienced there was just no point in staying any longer there trying to get rid of long term Angard in my humble opinion anyway . I don’t blame Angard fully the mail call the shots and use Angard to take the flak. I won’t miss waiting around for texts or the line going dead and the dreaded There are no shifts available bollocks. majority of staff at my MC were good people but some long term institutialized mail staff don’t like casuals and look down on them as not good enough but it’s ok for them to slack and take the piss and the managers do nothing that use to annoy the hell out of me . when jobs come up they overlook quality experienced Angard staff constantly. The Royal Mail needs to change and fast . :wave

If there is no work for mc staff why should angard staff be used?? I'm in job too long to remember so why should i lose out on ot so angard can bring staff in.

Finally left the hell behind

26 Jan 2019, 02:46

I don't blame you for getting out Failureisnotanoption. RM has been getting worse for years, and I can understand it's even worse for 'Angard' staff. Good luck for the future.

Finally left the hell behind

26 Jan 2019, 11:29

In reply to your comment Aiden 01 RM staff have contracts Angard are on zero hour contracts meaning no guaranteed hours and no shifts for weeks on end sometimes. have seen in the last few years there RM staff on 20 / 25 hour contracts doing 50 / 60 hour weeks I have no issue with that in the main I would no doubt have done it myself if given the chance. Have never seen an Angard employee given preference in hours over RM they would go straight to the union no doubt.so your comment isn’t valid from what I have seen. After 12 weeks service an Angard employee has the same rights as an RM employee as you will see from other posts on this forum that is total rubbish. Have seen 20/30 Angard staff on shifts through the year not just Christmas why are they not being employed on contracts if there being brought in so often. problem is the mail tell Angard to keep recruiting people so have a massive turnover experienced staff stop getting shifts then walk because it’s not worth doing 8 hours a week or no shifts for weeks on end. most days you don’t no if your working difficult to plan a life round it . So why did I do so many years before I left that is question I have been over in my head a few times.

Finally left the hell behind

26 Jan 2019, 14:36

Failureisnotanoption wrote:In reply to your comment Aiden 01 RM staff have contracts Angard are on zero hour contracts meaning no guaranteed hours and no shifts for weeks on end sometimes. have seen in the last few years there RM staff on 20 / 25 hour contracts doing 50 / 60 hour weeks I have no issue with that in the main I would no doubt have done it myself if given the chance. Have never seen an Angard employee given preference in hours over RM they would go straight to the union no doubt.so your comment isn’t valid from what I have seen. After 12 weeks service an Angard employee has the same rights as an RM employee as you will see from other posts on this forum that is total rubbish. Have seen 20/30 Angard staff on shifts through the year not just Christmas why are they not being employed on contracts if there being brought in so often. problem is the mail tell Angard to keep recruiting people so have a massive turnover experienced staff stop getting shifts then walk because it’s not worth doing 8 hours a week or no shifts for weeks on end. most days you don’t no if your working difficult to plan a life round it . So why did I do so many years before I left that is question I have been over in my head a few times.

Angard staff are regulary brought in before mc staff in our mc.sorry if you took it personal it was'nt meant to be.as for union doing anything about it might aswell talk to the wall.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 00:00

If you've been there so long you should know about a realignment taking place, where they will fill in duties, if it is happening at your MC.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 00:18

ayfauri wrote:If you've been there so long you should know about a realignment taking place, where they will fill in duties, if it is happening at your MC.

Filll in dutties they want more hours out.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 00:31

Please explain about the ‘realignment ‘.
Not heard anything at ‘my’ MC.
Thanks.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 12:57

aiden01 wrote:
ayfauri wrote:If you've been there so long you should know about a realignment taking place, where they will fill in duties, if it is happening at your MC.

Filll in dutties they want more hours out.


It depends on the MC, the MC I'm at a lot of duties on all shifts are filled majorly with OT & Casuals; retirement, deceased ect .. Issue VR to eliminate the full time contracts so they can hand out 16-20hrs to fill said duties.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 13:12

OIC thanks. Think there’s a few ‘persuaded’ VRs/retirements where I work.

Finally left the hell behind

28 Jan 2019, 14:08

That has been a running rumour in my ex MC for as long as I was there . Can’t see it happening and I wouldn’t take them hours on new starter RM wage on long term Angard wage yes. No overtime with it and full time mail staff would do there nut if Angard were getting hours over them.

Finally left the hell behind

29 Jan 2019, 06:41

I don't see why you think you were ENTITLED to take the work away from RM staff. Your a CASUAL employee. That's the whole point and although I don't agree with the way that RM treat casual workers, you were only there to fill the gaps. The union are really letting/let the MCs turn into casualised work ghettos but that's another story. I understand your frustration but surely in the YEARS you were a CASUAL you were offered a RM staff job but didn't want to start on a lower rate than you were already getting. I do think it's a disgrace to treat people like this and already agreed with you on that subject in a previous post. You will find work but if you end up at Amazon or yodel you see that maybe RM wasn't so bad after all. :thumbup

Finally left the hell behind

29 Jan 2019, 09:32

Having retired once, I have no problem with the work, nor the erratic shifts.

I also have no problem with RM nor (much) with Angard.

It’s the interaction between the two that annoys me, using me as a ball in a table tennis match; constantly being hit in different directions (figuratively).

I do wonder why, on the 2c Parcels belts, on the 18:15 - 22:15 shift, at least 19 ladies seem to be called in every weekday evening, without fail, yet do not have contracts.

This has been going on for years.

If Angard really are going to try to distribute the shifts equally, these ladies are going to be horrified.

Finally left the hell behind

29 Jan 2019, 09:33

Navalron wrote:I don't see why you think you were ENTITLED to take the work away from RM staff. Your a CASUAL employee. That's the whole point and although I don't agree with the way that RM treat casual workers, you were only there to fill the gaps. The union are really letting/let the MCs turn into casualised work ghettos but that's another story. I understand your frustration but surely in the YEARS you were a CASUAL you were offered a RM staff job but didn't want to start on a lower rate than you were already getting. I do think it's a disgrace to treat people like this and already agreed with you on that subject in a previous post. You will find work but if you end up at Amazon or yodel you see that maybe RM wasn't so bad after all. :thumbup




I never believed I was entitled to anything if the comment was aimed at me I new the score while I was there 2 failed attempts at getting into RM in my time there so I was prepared to take a lower rate and hope I got overtime when I got in. I would not take hours over over RM staff while I was a casual . In my previous comments and you have said it yourself why are the RM management using so much casual staff that I don’t understand. there should be the bear minimum of casuals on a shift not the 20/30 I have seen a regular basis through the year something is wrong. Why are they not-employing existing long term staff who know the job from in house the last set of jobs that came out went on the website then it’s a free for all then you get a new Rm employee stood next to a long term casual one on a contract one on zero hours one has being throwing parcels for years and knows every postcode up and down the country the new Rm staff knows nothing what’s the point.

Finally left the hell behind

30 Jan 2019, 10:45

Like I've said before mate, I do agree with you. Nothing is going to change now as that horse bolted a long time ago. RM is all about budgets now, as you know, and always take the short view and not the longer term. They really make a relatively easy job very hard while pissing off their staff at the same time. This is mainly down to all the graduates that they started to employ in the mid 90s into management jobs instead of the usual postman promotion route. Now you have senior decision makers who have never delivered a letter or walksorted a delivery, telling posties with years of experience how to do the job, BADLY. Yes, you should have been employed by RM years ago but like I've said it's all about budgets and paying staff minimum so that dividends can remain high for rich shareholders. I'm not talking about the postie with a few hundred, SHUT UP SHARES, I'm talking about the big investment banks. Unfortunately most companies are like this nowadays. I wish you well in your new job whatever it is. :thumbup

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1