ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How Can I Find Out Who Damaged My Car

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

My parked car was damaged in the car park whilst I was inside, at work,

The other driver drove off, without leaving their details.

I have asked for the cctv to be examined but despite a Subject Access Request, RM claim they cannot orcwill not assist.

They have advised me to go to the police who might make the same request, which they would honour.

So, I go to work and all my efforts have been to repair the extensive damage caused by a worker in the same facility.

Don’t know which way to turn. My car may be ‘uneconomic’ to repair and be written off.
Fuming.

On Friday I shall arrive early and patrol the car park, searching for a white car with damage - assuming it has not been repaired.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dancingqueen

Post by dancingqueen »

simple solution is report the incident to the old bill. They will do the rest in getting CCTV evidence.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Thanks. That’s my next step.
nothingatthemoment

Post by nothingatthemoment »

Don't know why they would refuse to review security footage , other than the fact they couldn't be arsed.
If you were RM staff I don't think you would have the same problem.
Someone has caused serious damage to your vehicle , whilst on-shift , in a Mail Center surrounded by security cameras .
As previous post advise report to Plod , they can't refuse them access.
:thumbup
pleb

Post by pleb »

Am no expert but if plod dont get them to cough the footage up pronto, I think u should tell them u are getting your (nasty) lawyer onto it, where theres blame theres claim, tell em RM may be at fault.