ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard casual pay rates

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Angard casual pay rates

Post by paulus103 »

Hi

I'm new here and new to Angard working as a casual

I'm trying to find out the pay rates for Angard - the piece of paper I have from them seems to have little relevance to what I got paid in my first payslip
The standard rate of £7.50 is correct but I've got two other rates I'm assuming for Sat or Sun and another for a bank holiday

On my first payment slip I was expecting 4x different rates but only got 3 and the division of hours makes no sense

This is what I was expecting for work done

Standard hourly rate during the week x
Rate for Sat x
Rate for Sun x
Rate for bank holiday x

I emailed Angard two weeks ago asking for information regarding hourly rates but they have yet to reply
Can anybody point me to useful info?

Thanks
Paul

tabact

Angard casual pay rates

Post by tabact »

Saturday is the same as Mon-Fri. Angard do have a habit of adding all the various shift totals together and then dividing by the total hours worked to get an average hourly rate. No idea what Sunday or BH rates are when you first start I'm afraid.
NW11851

Angard casual pay rates

Post by NW11851 »

WHich Mail Centre are you working at?

A few weeks ago, Angard kindly gave me a full breakdown of rates for Gatwick Mail CEntre,

Each MC has its own rates of pay, so may not apply to yours.

Also, the only rate that you quoate implies that you are still within the 12-weel qualifying period, so the rates that I have are of little use to you, personally.

The attachment shows the figures that I was given - it is quite interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Angard casual pay rates

Post by paulus103 »

Hi

Thanks for the information be interesting to see what rates I hit when 12 week period is hit

I have 4 rates on my documentation

Mon-sat 0600 - 2200 hours £7.50 per hour
mon-sat 2200 - 0600 hours £7.65 per hour
Sunday 0600 - 2200 hours £8.65 per hour
Sunday 2200 - 0600 hours £9.65 per hour

The first rate I see on my payslip - the hours were wrong but that is breaks deducted (although worked through on those)
The second and third rates on my payslip don't match = £8.80 and £10.30 and the hours don't either - which is where I'm still confused

Talking to the writing room their hour sheet now matches my spreadsheet but they have no idea on rates or how the hours were calculated
As you say each mail centre pays different rates and the friendly bloke in the writing room said we have no idea on rates

Thanks again :)
toonlad2

Angard casual pay rates

Post by toonlad2 »

thing you need to remember paulus is ,, its not i stress not 12 weeks ,, its 12 wageslips with working hours and wages on it ,it took me nearly 10 months to achieve this due to having a 9 week break when i started after reaching week 10 so had to go bk to week 1

as for payrates you will be on nmw to start with £7.50/£7.65p a hour mon/saturday,,sunday payrate is roughly £8.80
after you reach the 12 weeks of wageslips you will become awr qualified and pay rates will vary ,between £10.50 for early moning starts ,,£11.60 ish from 2pm till 10pm ,,nightshift rates will be just under £13 a hour ,,

i love my job within angaard and my mailcentre , only downside is the time of year now the shifts are very hard to get due to the number employed by angaard over the xmas and royal mail no longer needing the numbers they required during the xmas pressure and rush so have got to be patient as can sometimes go 2 weeks without a shift

hope this helps
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Angard casual pay rates

Post by paulus103 »

Thanks toonlad2

Do you happen to know what bank holiday rates are for non awr casuals?

Thanks also for the tip on the 12 weeks I didn't know that

Cheers
Paul
toonlad2

Angard casual pay rates

Post by toonlad2 »

i dont know bank holiday rates as tbh cant remember ever working on a bank holiday at my mc up north we never work on bank holidays its normally the 2 days following when we get shifts
AND YES the 12 week rule confuses many ppl as some think a blank week counts and its 12 weeks from start date but it most deffinately isnt ,,tho i have heard its now down to 6 weeks but dont quote me on that its prob 1 of the thousand rumours that go around
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Angard casual pay rates

Post by Lockardian »

Some bank holidays are paid at Sunday rate, others at flat rate - go figure. I remember working Boxing Day while still non-AWR and it was paid at flat rate!

You could email AngardPayroll.Queries@reedglobal.com and ask them - don’t expect a quick response though!
paulus103
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Angard casual pay rates

Post by paulus103 »

Thanks Guys

I was paid for a shift going from 8pm to 1am looking at the pay slip I can only assume they paid 3 hours at one rate and 1 hour each at two different ones

I have emailed them asking - they have replied but haven't answered my question just listed my hours worked

So am still none the wiser to what bank holiday rates are

Given they are asking me attend induction shifts despite now having worked there for several weeks I'm not hopeful of ever finding out :)
joedru

Re: Angard casual pay rates

Post by joedru »

This is the most recent angard pay rates for 2021
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Warbo

Re: Angard casual pay rates

Post by Warbo »

paulus103 wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 02:11
Hi

I'm new here and new to Angard working as a casual

I'm trying to find out the pay rates for Angard - the piece of paper I have from them seems to have little relevance to what I got paid in my first payslip
The standard rate of £7.50 is correct but I've got two other rates I'm assuming for Sat or Sun and another for a bank holiday

On my first payment slip I was expecting 4x different rates but only got 3 and the division of hours makes no sense

This is what I was expecting for work done

Standard hourly rate during the week x
Rate for Sat x
Rate for Sun x
Rate for bank holiday x

I emailed Angard two weeks ago asking for information regarding hourly rates but they have yet to reply
Can anybody point me to useful info?

Thanks
Paul
Hello,
My understanding was you have been with us for some time.
Angard sent an email with the new hourly rates and how they are paid. (start times and finish times).
It also had rates re length of employment and age and how holidays are calculated.
I glanced through it and conclude it seemed on over complicated equation for a zero hour fill in job (for myself).
i will go over it again and see if it is attachable. It is to be realised that different depots can have different rates.