ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

After how many hours does pay drop?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi,

I can never get a direct answer & they make it so confusing!

I was told by an angard worker the standard rate of pay 'drops' after a certain number of hours worked...can anyone please confirm??

Also why do you not get your normal rate for holiday pay??

Thanks

FreeFelix

Post by FreeFelix »

I heard 35hrs - but was told it only affects Sunday rates of pay
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Someone has given a full explanation in another thread - but apparently it goes down after 35.75hrs and again after 45hrs.

My overtime rates are 11.96 after 35.75hrz and 11.56 after 45hrs. So for night shifts I lose a couple of quid or so each hour.

I've heard that all Sunday hours are reduced if you go over 35.75hrs for the full week, some of which are on a Sunday. So if you worked a total of 37hrs, all of your Sunday hours are paid at a lower rate, not just the the 1.75hrs you went over. It sucks.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi, thanks for your replies!

Can you please direct me to the other thread? My rep has now advised me there is no pay drop!!

I'm going to call again today & refuse to hang up until I'm given a specific answer! Grrrrr
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

This is the thread/page where it is explained more fully.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 76#p744576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This only applies to AWR-qualified staff (i.e.those who have completed 12 weeks of work).
tabact

Post by tabact »

The pay rate drops after 35 hours 40 mins if AWR qualified. If you are still in your first 12 weeks you only get minimum wage so no drop in o/t rate.

Your holiday is calculated as 12.07% of your gross earnings. You don't get your normal hourly rate as hourly rates vary so much and angard have choesen to pay holiday at £10 per hour. They pay a lower hourly rate if still in your first year. The £10 rate seems to vary as well in my experience. The hourly rate doesn't make any difference to your actual holiday entitlement you just get more holiday hours if paid at a lower hourly rate.
gurpbarnes6

Post by gurpbarnes6 »

Vicki wrote:Hi,

I can never get a direct answer & they make it so confusing!

I was told by an angard worker the standard rate of pay 'drops' after a certain number of hours worked...can anyone please confirm??

Also why do you not get your normal rate for holiday pay??

Thanks
This is the official response from Angard payroll retrieved on 15 December 2016: "Overtime is calculated that if you work more than 35.40 hours in a week, any hours after that will be paid at an overtime rate, which in this instance, is a reduced rate compared to the usual rate.
If you work more than 35.40 hours in a week, the entirety of the Sunday shift will be paid at a lower, overtime rate."