ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

FAQs about Christmas Job Opportunities at Royal Mail (Link)

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

FAQs about Christmas Job Opportunities at Royal Mail http://www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/def ... 2014_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

Chrissy78

Post by Chrissy78 »

Hi, I hear that if you work X amount of continuos weeks for Angard that they have to offer you a contract. Is this correct? If so I now understand why you hardly get any shifts. And if there's hardly any shifts available why is it that you're constantly recruiting new staff? Why not use the staff you already have and show a bit of loyally to your exsisting staff.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Not a contract beyond a casual one - after all that's what Angard are a Casual workers agency.

What you meant was that after 12 weeks under the Agency Worker Regulations you are entitled to the same basic rights as permanent employees of the business you are working for. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."