ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Registration event email attachments missing?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Britvic55

Re: Registration event email attachments

Post by Britvic55 »

YES! You sign it at the registration event (infront of the person interviewing you)

dontstopbelievin

Post by dontstopbelievin »

Britvic55 wrote:YES! You sign it at the registration event (infront of the person interviewing you)
thank you :)
kalumollerton

Post by kalumollerton »

may sound an odd question but when ive opened the downloads from the email,it comes out in symbols and assorted numbers,doesnt make sense but on some pages there will be a small amount of english,i dont know much about IT so when i print it out will it come out in complete english or do i have to do something to correct this.thanks
wamdue

Post by wamdue »

now this thread mentions it, is it ok to sign the Terms of Engagement document,now or should that be done at the event.

It only says "Print out and read" on the email.
john0745

Post by john0745 »

You may need to install "microsoft word" and "Adobe Reader" for the pdf files.

@ Kalumollerton.
Britvic55

Post by Britvic55 »

Yes, you are correct! I know that if you open something with let's say free file viewer & you need either word or adobe, then you get the numbers & letters. No doubt some IT geek will put it in more correct terms!
kalumollerton

Post by kalumollerton »

Britvic55 wrote:Yes, you are correct! I know that if you open something with let's say free file viewer & you need either word or adobe, then you get the numbers & letters. No doubt some IT geek will put it in more correct terms!

yeah i have word and adobe but when i open the downloads files it says they are DOC or PDF files,im not sure what these mean and i dont know how to convert one file to another,can anyone help or when i print them out will it be a computer glitch and they come out fine
dontstopbelievin

do you have a Gmail account? you can open them through that via google documents
Randomuser123

Post by Randomuser123 »

Step 7 - Print out and read the Terms of Engagement document attached, you need to have read prior to attending the Registration session.

I feel like I'm being daft but I don't see this document in my emails or a link for it here
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Randomuser123 wrote:Step 7 - Print out and read the Terms of Engagement document attached, you need to have read prior to attending the Registration session.

I feel like I'm being daft but I don't see this document in my emails or a link for it here
Step 7 – Finally, book yourself onto a registration event.
Follow the link below and log onto your application you will see all the available dates and times so you can book your event on-line yourself.

I wasn't sent anything to do with a Terms of Engagement document.
dontstopbelievin

"Christmas 2012 Casual Terms of Engagement FINAL.DOC" should be the 3rd document on the list.. does anyone know if we have to take it to the registration with us? it just says print/read. it's 14 pages :shock: so if I can leave it at home i will :)
Tony44

Post by Tony44 »

Hi i Know im prob being stipid but i cound not find the "Terms of Engagement Document",
any where on the list,
philh45

Post by philh45 »

Britvic55 wrote:Please can somebody paste the link that lets me print off all the forms that I need to take to the registration event. As I said in my last post, none of the emails they are sending me are going into my email account inbox. I got the text asking me to book an interview & as predicted no email in the inbox, so I logged in to my RM web page & there was the email. However that way you don't get the link to download all the necessary forms. So I have only got the printed summary.
I know a friend of mine had the same problem either last year or the previous one & I had to forward my email so that she could do the same. THANKYOU
Thought: has anyone actually phoned Royal Mail and/or the helpline and complained that emails are only arriving in their Royal Mail account and not in their ISP email account? When this happened to me last year I was ready to blame/accuse my ISP of blocking emails from RM but I note it's been happening to others. OP,which ISP are you with if I may ask?
Britvic55

Post by Britvic55 »

Yes you can ask! They go to my tesco.net email address & also sent to my hotmail address. I don't think the ISP makes any difference because I know other people with the same problem & they all have different ISPs. Also Tesco is not my ISP. But I have noticed that the people who have worked @ RM the longest have the problems, but not people who have worked there since last year, or maybe the previous year. I did email the helpline address & after 2 days was sent the "missing attachments" but the main problem was ignored! I posted the above link because I knew that I would get the response quicker from this website! Funny, when I email myself I get a reply & also at Easter, when I registered an interest to work this Xmas, I got a reply to that!!! But this is not the first year that I have experienced the problem.
Rommagic

Post by Rommagic »

The correct Right To Work documentation for the UK
What do you take along for this?.Say your married but have a passport with your maiden name on it.