ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can I work with angard and royal mail?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
toni_

Can I work with angard and royal mail?

Post by toni_ »

Hello, I work Saturday and Sunday at my D.O but looking for extra hours coming up to Christmas, could I apply for one of angards role at the local mail center during the week too? Just to make my hours up for a few months. Any advice appreciated! Many thanks

dodado

Re: Can I work with angard and royal mail?

Post by dodado »

You you can't unfortunately, but during festive season you can get unlimited shifts pretty much from Angard
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

toni_ wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 16:52
Hello, I work Saturday and Sunday at my D.O but looking for extra hours coming up to Christmas, could I apply for one of angards role at the local mail center during the week too? Just to make my hours up for a few months. Any advice appreciated! Many thanks
From BOT Holly
Holly said: It's great that you're looking to do some extra work for us but please do not complete a Seasonal Worker application.
It's great that you're looking to do some extra work for us but please do not complete a Seasonal Worker application.
Holly said Instead, if you work for Angard, please make sure you have added your up-to-date availability on JoinedUp so Angard know when they can allocate you to any available shifts.
Instead, if you work for Angard, please make sure you have added your up-to-date availability on JoinedUp so Angard know when they can allocate you to any available shifts.
Holly said If you work for Royal Mail Group, please speak to your line manager about any opportunities to work additional hours.
If you work for Royal Mail Group, please speak to your line manager about any opportunities to work additional hours.
Holly said Thanks for your interest in working as a Seasonal Worker, enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks for your interest in working as a Seasonal Worker, enjoy the rest of your day. :angel
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

The guy already works for Royal Mail and Holly’s advice is for someone who already works for Angard.

If you are employed directly by Royal Mail, then you can’t also work for them through an agency, as far as I know. And after the Christmas period there will be no guarantee of much work from Angard.

Can you pick up any extra hours at your DO? If not, have you asked if you can do additional hours at the Mail Centre, still employed by Royal Mail? We have posties who do overtime/extra hours at our MC - mainly on Sundays though.
geromethegnome

Post by geromethegnome »

dodado wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 11:40
You you can't unfortunately, but during festive season you can get unlimited shifts pretty much from Angard
I wish that was the case, had an email earlier cancelling earlies as follows..

“Unfortunately due to traffic volumes we are having to cancel this shift”

What the chuff does that mean?
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Lockardian wrote:
02 Nov 2023, 07:34

If you are employed directly by Royal Mail, then you can’t also work for them through an agency, as far as I know. And after the Christmas period there will be no guarantee of much work from Angard.
We had someone who was employed at first through an agency, was offered and took a RM contract but continued to work Sundays through the agency.
I thought it was odd.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by N|M »

geromethegnome wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 16:29
dodado wrote:

The work is just not high enough to get extra agency in, we had a few nights where agency were all canceled but xmas temps were all in.
geromethegnome

Post by geromethegnome »

N|M wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 16:55
geromethegnome wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 16:29
dodado wrote:

The work is just not high enough to get extra agency in, we had a few nights where agency were all canceled but xmas temps were all in.
appreciate the reply there N|M but if I’m honest it looked pretty rammed in that there MC earlier, I’m sure they’ll cope though
geromethegnome

Post by geromethegnome »

AND booked in again for this morning at the original time that was cancelled yesterday afternoon :arrrghhh