ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Two Sundays

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
KBrist

Two Sundays

Post by KBrist »

Hi there, can anyone advise me on what I can do about my query regards working for two Sundays recently and that was booked in then cancelled after I had worked. I had signed in with manager at the induction and was sent out in van to deliver the following week and still no pay after several emails to Angard they say manager never confirmed my attendance. This week no work. There were three others that worked as new starters. This is so upsetting and frustrating am I being played here?

Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Two Sundays

Post by Lockardian »

Sorry this has happened to you. You could ask your manager to email Angard and confirm you worked. If this doesn’t get you anywhere, keep emailing Angard payroll. You could also email payroll manager Kai Robertson - kai.robertson@reedglobal.com - and explain fully what happened and what you are owed. In my experience, Kai is normally pretty good at getting things sorted.
KBrist

Post by KBrist »

Thank you so much
TobysPaw

Post by TobysPaw »

If it makes you feel better, same thing just happened to me. Worked a 9 hour shift at a delivery office this weekend (so not my local mail centre). Signed in and out of course, but only paper sign in available.

Sure enough: just had my shift ‘cancelled’.

Spoken to Angard and they said it’s because the site hadn’t confirmed hours by 11am which is needed for this week’s payroll. They said a query would have gone to the site automatically asking them to confirm I attended.

I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens. Obviously not going to do another shift unless it’s resolved…
KBrist

Post by KBrist »

It’s a shame that’s its put me right off doing anymore shifts. But then I haven’t been offered anymore since. I understand that it is as and when needed. But watching a couple of videos and then out in a battered old van doesn’t sit right. I have since applied via Manpower for the same shift at same place… is Angard on its way out of favour?
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

RM own Angard 💯 so there’s no chance they are on their way out at present.

Some DOs seem to have difficulty managing the authorisation and payment of Casuals whereas they are very used to Manpower systems

The Sunday rate for Casual differs between MP and Angard: £14.49 v £18.58 in my area.

In April RM slashed the Sunday rate but not for Angard

That’s under review at the moment.
xUzi786

Post by xUzi786 »

i used to work sundays i was earning 18.58 rate with guaranteed 8 hours now they put rate down to 14.49 and only 6 hours guaranteed, ridiculous