ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

dried up

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
dodado

dried up

Post by dodado »

hi guys
just wondered what's happening as shifts completely dried up. Wondered if slow cos of cyber attack?

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: dried up

Post by SpacePhoenix »

dodado wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 13:23
hi guys
just wondered what's happening as shifts completely dried up. Wondered if slow cos of cyber attack?
Workloads have dropped off massively, way more than they normally would be expected to in a normal January
Casual999

Post by Casual999 »

To a certain extent I have given up getting regular angard shifts for a while now. If I get an advance booking I will accept it, but I don't respond to the last minute emails offering shifts.

The writing has been on the wall for a while, and as we are aware CWU are not our friends anymore

There is plenty of work out there -full-time, part-time , casual, though the rates are not as high as angard awr rates.

I have been working as a ups drivers helper , also I have worked shifts at dhl.

Good luck to everyone.
highbury67
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by highbury67 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 21:14
dodado wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 13:23
hi guys
Workloads have dropped off massively, way more than they normally would be expected to in a normal January
dodado, they still employ a lot of casuals at Medway, although only in the evenings. Some though don't get so much work in the evenings.
tabact

Post by tabact »

No shifts or contact for 4 weeks then an email today asking me to make sure my availability is up to date as they will need strike breakers in 2 weeks time. I've already given up on Angard but made sure I'm down as unavailable on the 16th &17th.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by aiden01 »

tabact wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 18:51
No shifts or contact for 4 weeks then an email today asking me to make sure my availability is up to date as they will need strike breakers in 2 weeks time. I've already given up on Angard but made sure I'm down as unavailable on the 16th &17th.
:thumbup :thumbup
SimonLS

Post by SimonLS »

Anyone getting shifts? Three weeks without one for me at my MC. Had all of one email last week and that was for a shift at the wrong location. Have Angard all gone on hols?
tabact

Post by tabact »

No Angard being used on any weekday shift at my MC for the last 3 weeks. There is no work to justify agency staff when they've cancelled alll SA & o/t for RM staff.
Tibtab39

Post by Tibtab39 »

Been about 5 weeks now no shift. I guess they're done with Angard.
tabact

Post by tabact »

No shifts for 7 weeks now and that's me done with Angard. I have been getting the occasional email for delivery jobs from an 'Angard delivery' email address.
SimonLS

Post by SimonLS »

Me too. Fifth week of no shifts at all. Thankfully got a DHL job with proper contract, decent hours and time and a half OT. Angard are a joke. They could at least let people know what’s going on.
Tibtab39

Post by Tibtab39 »

Still no change?