ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sheffield Mail Centre, Brightside Lane - I can't get paid

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Jellyfish987654321

Sheffield Mail Centre, Brightside Lane - I can't get paid

Post by Jellyfish987654321 »

I doubt that anyone can help me but I'm getting ever so slightly desperate because I haven't been able to get onto a shift since I worked at the MC.

Basically, I went to my first shift last week on Tuesday 7 December, signed in on the new fancy clocking in and out machines and couldn't find the sheets to sign in and then someone told me that they hadn't been put out yet (even though it was more than 10 minutes after 6am), during the shift I asked two different managers about signing in on paper but this got me nowhere. The next day on JoinedUp I had a message to say that the shift had been cancelled because I didn't show up (when I definitely did) and it turns out the machines aren't linked to our pay so the advice I've had from three different people I've spoken to about it at Angard and Royal Mail is to find a manager that was on the shift with me and ask them to contact RM and tell them I was there. This wouldn't be much of a problem except that I've been unable to get onto a shift since then so in short I'm begging someone out there in Sheffield who might have seen someone in a pink fleece and brown bodywarmer to send me a PM and perhaps if they are working at the MC anytime soon they can ask a manager for me and tell them to contact RM.

TL;DR: Life sucks.

Sheffield Stuart

Re: Sheffield Mail Centre, Brightside Lane - I can't get paid

Post by Sheffield Stuart »

The signing on sheets turning up late at Sheffield MC has been an issue recently, with casuals basically going onto the floor late because there's a queue when the sheets eventually turn up. The RM staff say it's Angard not getting them through soon enough (I'm inclined to believe that, coming from the two RM staff who told me as I consider these guys as solid). Definitely sucks that the scanning/id input isn't properly functional.

Only thing I can suggest is you turn up during the day when the book room is open and try to, politely escalate it.

I had a similar issue on a weird Sunday night shift when there was just two of us and no sheets and managers not clued up. Took a few weeks but I did get it resolved.

Good luck!
Jellyfish987654321

Re: Sheffield Mail Centre, Brightside Lane - I can't get paid

Post by Jellyfish987654321 »

Argh! Thanks for replying, glad it's not just me having issues. I don't know if I'll ever get a shift there again so if I don't get booked onto one tomorrow I'm just going to turn up and hope I can find someone if not I'll have to look for the book room! I didn't actually email them to say I could do the shift in question they just booked me on :arrrghhh