ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When does Christmas Temp position typically end?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
MrMonk

When does Christmas Temp position typically end?

Post by MrMonk »

Hey guys,
I'm due to start as a Christmas Casual very soon and I was wondering how long it typically lasts. Are you kept on until Christmas or does it go beyond then? Or it completely depends on how busy your delivery office is?

Thanks!

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: When does Christmas Temp position typically end?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MrMonk wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 11:37
Hey guys,
I'm due to start as a Christmas Casual very soon and I was wondering how long it typically lasts. Are you kept on until Christmas or does it go beyond then? Or it completely depends on how busy your delivery office is?

Thanks!
It entirely depends on the local and national situation.

When I started as a casual we all finished on Christmas Eve.

But if lockdown happens, as postal workers we are exempt, and they may keep some on if there is an upsurge in parcels.

Also keep an eye on the local area, if DOs are struggling they may keep people on to help out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
livewirer

Re: When does Christmas Temp position typically end?

Post by livewirer »

Changes from year to year.
This year had work up to Jan 22
Previous year 6 days after Christmas
Previous year 1 day after Christmas
Previous year laid off Dec 19.