ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Temp Induction

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
RaviBahia

Christmas Temp Induction

Post by RaviBahia »

Hi all, I hope everyone is well :Very Happy ! I just have some questions regarding my induction as a Temporary Xmas Parcel Sorter, on my induction day do I have to bring anything with me (ID etc...) to be let into the building? Also, if anyone has done the induction for this position- what can I expect from it? Thanks

MrMonk

Re: Christmas Temp Induction

Post by MrMonk »

Hi!

I had my induction today. We were required to show some form of ID (I used my passport). I'm guessing the inductions may vary from site to site, but for us we were just shown around the site and told what we would be doing, all in all it didn't take long but we waited around as the mail hadn't arrived for us to sort yet.

Very relaxed atmosphere.
RaviBahia

Post by RaviBahia »

Thanks for the reply! So you did a full shift? Because as you've said it varies from site to site- some people have said they do the induction and go home and others do there contracted hours.
MrMonk

Post by MrMonk »

RaviBahia wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 20:32
Thanks for the reply! So you did a full shift? Because as you've said it varies from site to site- some people have said they do the induction and go home and others do there contracted hours.
We left an hour earlier than scheduled as we had got through all the mail. It was pretty quiet, but I'm sure it will pick up the closer we get to Christmas.