ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leeds questions

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
kmike99

Leeds questions

Post by kmike99 »

Hello everyone, hope you are all keeping well!

Just a couple questions regarding the Leeds sites.

I have been selected to work at Leeds Sorting Centre (LS9 7DX) as per my offer, but in the letter it is referred to as the "Mail Centre", but on the vacancy on the RM website it's referred to as the Sorting Centre. Just confused as to which it is? Is it a smaller site? Never worked here before unfortunately so I'm not too sure! Also, it seems to be completely missing from Google Maps/any other online map service so not sure what to expect. Anyone worked here before?

Also, the Timeline online induction service said I'd receive my welcome/starter pack shortly nearly two weeks ago, but I'm yet to get it and I'm due to start soon. Does anyone know how long they take to arrive?

Thank you!

NW11851

Re: Leeds questions

Post by NW11851 »

Leeds Mail Centre - Leodis House, Leodis Way, LEEDS, LS10 1AZ
Leeds Sorting Centre - Trent Road, Off Torre Road, LEEDS, LS9 7DX
kmike99

Post by kmike99 »

NW11851 wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 07:41
Leeds Mail Centre - Leodis House, Leodis Way, LEEDS, LS10 1AZ
Leeds Sorting Centre - Trent Road, Off Torre Road, LEEDS, LS9 7DX
Hi mate, hope you're well :)

Thank you, I already had the postcodes! Was just looking for some clarification regarding which sites are actually which as the LS9 one has been referred to as the Sorting Centre and the Mail Centre and if there's any major difference between the two sites, so I know what to expect on my first day!

Thank you for your time!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Leeds Mail Centre is a permanent site. Leeds sorting Centre is a temporary outhouse of the mail centre.

What may have caused your confusion is that the press and public tend to say Sorting Offices when they mean Delivery Offices.

There won't be any major differences in the work between the two as one is really just an extension of the other.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
kmike99

Post by kmike99 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 10:37
Leeds Mail Centre is a permanent site. Leeds sorting Centre is a temporary outhouse of the mail centre.

What may have caused your confusion is that the press and public tend to say Sorting Offices when they mean Delivery Offices.

There won't be any major differences in the work between the two as one is really just an extension of the other.
That's great, thank you so much for your help! Really looking forward to start!

Do you happen to know anything regarding the welcome packs? Still not arrived in this morning's post and I'm only concerned I won't have any other important information before my start date. According to the Timeline site it should have arrived nearly two weeks ago now!
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

My pal’s “welcome pack” was just a letter confirming his payroll number and asking him to send a copy of his P45 from his last job to make sure he’s on the right tax code, anything important like your ID badge you’ll get at your induction.