ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missed induction

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Piotr1997

Missed induction

Post by Piotr1997 »

Hello. I have quite big problem as due to very strong toothache I had to miss my induction with Royal Mail and I had to go to hospital. Is it possible to still get induction if my start date was 22/11? I was trying all options to contact Royal Mail christmas recruitment but there is no way to contact them. Thanks in advance. :)

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Missed induction

Post by POSTMAN »

Try myapplication@royalmail.com
Advice and Support team : 0345 604 3660.

Have you tried the above?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Piotr1997

Post by Piotr1997 »

I have tried both, nobody could even tell me what to do. Can't find the good contact way so I guess I have lost my opportunity :(
cardboard

Post by cardboard »

I'm not with Angard so your mileage may vary but I started last week too and a number of people at the mail centre I'm working at missed the induction because of a mistake in the address on the offer letter. There were lots of groups starting at different dates/times so the ones who missed theirs simply attended the induction with another group the following day.

Have you got any emails from the shift manager or similar person at your mail centre? If so, that would be the person to email about this.

If you haven't heard from anyone, go to the mail centre in person at the time your shift is supposed to start and ask for the shift manager. Explain the situation to them. The worst that can happen is they will say no. Where I am they are quite short staffed this year and if that's also the case where you are they shouldn't protest too much if you explain that it was due to a medical emergency and that you were unable to get hold of them on the phone or by email.