ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shifts

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Warbo

Shifts

Post by Warbo »

How are my fellow Angard Crew doing for shifts? Its a bit quiet at my depot and with the Xmas casuals starting I think a few Angard are going to be short on shifts. I am told the intake of Xmas casuals has been done by Angard this year. Interested how that will pan out.
As always Stay Safe.

Rvlvr

Re: Shifts

Post by Rvlvr »

A few Angard have left our place for more permanent (but lower paid) jobs elsewhere, my pal’s starting tomorrow as a Xmas casual so expecting fewer shifts until later in the month. Interestingly he had to confirm his attendance by text and got a ‘shift confirmed’ reply, which made me wonder if Angard were running it? No idea if this is how they normally do things with the Xmas casuals.
tabact

Re: Shifts

Post by tabact »

It's been the usual Angard farce this week. Most of the longer term staff either given one shift or nothing at all in advance. You just get email after email saying shifts available but I don't watch my email constantly so quite often don't see them until much later so don't see any point in replying. Yesterday I get a call from a RM manager asking me if I'm coming in? I tell him I'm not booked and he tells me Angard have said they can't supply the numbers RM have requested because people aren't taking the shifts. I did finally get booked on a shift later in the day and now for the rest of the week. I don't understand why Angard aren't booking the numbers requested as they make money out of it but at our MC everybody is moaning about the lack of shifts.